We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backwaters or beaches ........

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Backwaters or beaches ........

Dear friends,

I want to spend a vacation in Kerala with my spouse and 2 children's say of the age around 2years ,,,,,,,, pls suggest me which is the best option in the month of mid August.......... Is t backWaters ( kumarakom,, allepey... Etc) or beaches ( kovalam , kollam...... Etc),.,,,,.,.,.,,

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

say how many days you plan to spend and where do you arrive in kerala based on these we could suggest the destinations

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

Dear Traveler,

please find the attraction of Kerala

Munnar - Hills with tea gardens.

Thekkady- Wildlife Sanctuary.

Kumarakom / Alleppey - Backwaters / Houseboat

Marari - Beach

Varkala - Beach

Kovalam - Beach

you can choose as per your interest.

Regards

Siby.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

We are not yet planned for the days,,, neither planned for a arrival city,,,,,, as per the destination I will do so....

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

Siby j , actually I khnow these are the good places but I want to compare my destinations between backwaters and beaches for which I have placed a request in this forum,,,,,,,

So sir pls don't confuse me and kindly give me a humble suggestion

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

Both the backwaters and beaches are great blessings to God's Own Country, Kerala...both are suitable places to visit,,...Munnar is also a good place to spend your vacation...Feel the nature's beauty at top of the hills

aboutkeralatourism.com/alleppey-tourism.php

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

Regarding backwaters I was very much concern about my 2 yr and 1 yr child whether that environment will suit them and will it be enjoyable to them also.........

7. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, June 06, 2013
chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

Backwaters of Kerala provide unique experience as you could not find such a long canal anywhere in India so if you are to prefer between beach/backwater my suggestion will be backwater

Your children won't face any environment problems in backwater houseboat but enjoyment differ children to children you cannot predict them

Cruise through vembanad lake this is one of the biggest lakes in India one end lies Alleppey another end lies Kumarakom

My experience at Vembanad lake is mind blowing as it looks like a sea

Edited: 12:02 am, June 06, 2013
9. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, June 06, 2013
Puerto Colombia...
Level Contributor
163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Backwaters or beaches ........

Hello Mani,

During August, you should be expecting shower in Kerala. It will possibly rain at the max so i guess Backwater is best option compare to beach. You know you can't enjoy beach & its sand when it turns all muddy. So best you should go for backwater. That will be a life time experience & of course the kids will love love it. An amazing out-door experience for them as well. Don't forget to keep insect replicant to avoid mosquito bites. That will help.

Jarvis