We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

Which Beldibi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dufftown, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are staying in the Paloma Renaissance hotel in September and were just wondering if there is an ATM in the hotel or near by?

Also is it better to use Lira or Euros? as I have heard they do take euros...

Also are ATMs widely available and are there any charges other than our own bank charges?

Thanks,

Amy

wigan
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

ATM out the main gate turn left short walk 5 mins or so, or plenty in Kemer I use the one next to the mini police station the other side of the tent at the Kemer dolmus terminal,

I take £s as the hotel has a decent exchange rate, I use only lira at shops the hotel will take any currency.

TOP TIP the Renaissance is very very funny about taking old notes even if there is a nick out of the corner they will not take it (very annoying) but does depend who you get on the desk.

And no Scottish notes

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

Euros mate. Evreything is priced in euros.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

IMO (and almost every other regular tourist) Euros you will pay more take sterling and change into LIra the shops will price in Euro but you will get better if pay in Lira and always haggle even in fixed price shops.

Bristol
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

You get a better rate in Lira yes, but everything is in Euro. I paid in Lira but it seemed easier to use Euro. Next time I will take Euro.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

Hi we've just booked our honeymoon to this hotel and a little confused about what currency they accept. Some people say that I can't pay in lira and have to take euros is this correct? Does turkey not accept lira any more? Thanks

wigan
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

IMO take 100 lira in small notes or so the rest sterling and change there for better rate (all rooms have free digital safe) yes most things priced in Euro however in my experience you will get far better for Lira, everywhere takes Lira they have to its law some may try to take advantage with younger travellers/elderly and those who appear to be new to Turkey but few and far between, just insist on paying in Lira if they don't accept then walk away you will see the same item ten times over before you leave.

If menu does not have lira price ask or move to another.

Excursions if booking with rep pay in sterling they use there own conversion rate which is poor.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

Thank you it's cleared a few things up put my mind at least. Is the food and drink quiet expensive in euro And if u want to pay in lira would they up the price?

wigan
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

to be honest I have always paid lira every place I have been to, all have had menu in lira/euro/$ beer prices etc never had a problem shops that only display euro will happily take lira if the price is not what you like go elsewhere you will see many shops selling same over and over again.

I set a price in my head that I am prepared to pay and if I don't get it @ that price then I will move on.

9. Re: ATMs - Paloma Renaissance Antalya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 22, 2014