We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Maguana - trips and taxis

Oxford
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Villa Maguana - trips and taxis

My wife and I are due to stay at Villa Maguana in February, and we are hoping to do one or more excursions into the National Parks (possibly to El Yunque). Can anyone tell me what if any excursions are available from Villa Maguana, or would we first need to get back into Baracoa?

Also, how easy is it to get a taxi from Villa Maguana to Baracoa (and back) in the morning and at night? We would like to be able to sample the Baracoan nightlife.

Thanks for any help you can give

John

Blue Hill, Maine
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Maguana - trips and taxis

maguana is great..really great...BUT it isn't worth the hassle to return to Baracoa @ nite..better to stay in town(saturday nite the town fills up w/ energy...) maguana is ALL about chillin'..just hanging out and doing notthing,,very nice place....and the beaches are clean and beautiful...if you can speak spanish..you can negotiate meals while hanging out under a palapa at the beach.....ps the workers call the turistas disgourging from the baracoa microbuses....Jaibas(crabs) you'll get the picture jorge

2. Re: Villa Maguana - trips and taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Baracoa