We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Levi - general skiing info

Durham
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Levi - general skiing info

Hi folks -

Off to Levi on December 22nd. It's a family holiday (kids are 10 and nigh on 8 at the time) with lots of excursions etc, with some planned time for the kids to go sledging (which I believe there is a dedicated slope for at the bottom of the resort).

I'm thinking of taking my skis so I can nip off for a few runs each day. We're staying in the Immelmokit cabins.

I was wondering:

(a) are the lifts in walking range of the Immelmokit cabins?

(b) is there a ski bus service close at hand and if so any idea of the approximate cost?

(c) is it feasible to ski down to the sledging area? My wife would be with the kids but I'd like to pop there myself without removing skis / walking etc

Many thanks for any advice!

cumbria
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Levi - general skiing info

I don't know where the cabins are so can't comment on that. When we were there to ski in 2012 there was a free bus service but I'm sure someone on here said you now have to pay for it. We used to get the bus to the slopes at zero point, but you can also ski from there. If I'm not mistaken people use part of the front slope for tobogganing, but hopefully someone else will come along and confirm/deny that. have fun

sik
Bristol
Level Contributor
301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Levi - general skiing info

There is a map on levi.fi with the ski bus route.

You can ski down the front slope (where they sledge). You will need a lift pass though

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Levi - general skiing info

Immelmöki is on the other side of the main road, close to Levi center lifts. It quite a large area and depending on where the cabin is and how willing you are to walk in ski boots it may be within walking distance. Without skiing gear definitely walkable.

4. Re: Levi - general skiing info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 07, 2014