We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

white reindeer or craxy reindeer please help!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
white reindeer or craxy reindeer please help!!

PLEASE HELP . we are visiting in dec 13 and originally tried for the suite, which was sold from under us as Thomson sales was useless and put us on hold for 40 mins he really had no idea - so went on to book white reindeer mezzanine family with sauna???? got confirmation its a family room but seems tiny has balcony but no sauna or mezzanine. called Thomson 10 times no help said that's what I booked and was not!!!!! we even paid for upgrade so basically emailed hotel , she been fab the only ones left are crazy reindeer mezzanine rooms WITH sauna or family room in white reindeer main building. I am going with mam , 15 yr old and 4 year old and we thought if theres not much going on a night we can have sauna and larger room space - hence mezzanine. i know staying in cr is 100 m away- what would people advise..... as lots say be in main building?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: white reindeer or craxy reindeer please help!!

Maybe these room descriptions are of help: hulluporo.fi/poro/esivu.php… . I think the Crazy Reindeer themselves market only one type of family room (with a mezzanine, for up to 4 persons) the others are double rooms or apartments (for up to 6 persons). According to Thomson "Family rooms in the White Reindeer building are as Standard rooms, but slightly larger." The "real" family rooms are those in the Crazy Reindeer part of the complex. I would take that if your budget allows, it's not too far to walk, just a refreshing peep outdoors for breakfast etc. No need to venture on with the full snow armourment if you're not going to continue straight away to the activities.

You can also see the whereabouts of different parts of the complex in relation to each other at hulluporo.fi/poro/esivu.php?id=61&kieli=en . On the map Levin Tori marks the central square of the Levi Village, Zero Point is at the bottom of the ski runs.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: white reindeer or craxy reindeer please help!!

many thanks for your help so you thinks crazy reindeer rooms with mezzanine and sauna are better we dt mind popping snow suit on as only me and 4 yr old mam and 14/15 yr old sort themselves, do you know on map which number is cr and which wr? the hotel been most helpful will change if we require, thanks again

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: white reindeer or craxy reindeer please help!!

I believe that building #4 is what Thomson refers to as the White Reindeer and #7 should then be the Crazy Reindeer (which is confusingly the name of the entire hotel complex, too...).

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: white reindeer or craxy reindeer please help!!

many thanks ive changed to cr for larger room and sauna works better for us cant do small room and children

5. Re: white reindeer or craxy reindeer please help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 29, 2014