We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

Hyia i wonder if anyone could help im staying in levintunturi spa hotel beginning of december and would obviously like to use the swimming/spa facilities. But i cant remember where i have read it but said something that theres a strict rule with men just wearing normal baggy shorts and have got to wear tight fitted swim wear?? i just would like to know if this is true so i can buy something before we head out..thank you!!

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

Yes thats correct. My two sons were mortified they had to wear tight fitting trunks. Got tgem some which looked like shorts but tight fitting from sports direct last year. Worth the sacrifice of their embarrassment as they enjoyed the pools.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

They haven't got to be the clingy lycra ones then ? As long as thet are quite tight fitted on isit? I know my boyfriend is mortified aswel. I am trying to talk him round ha.

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

Yep. No baggy shorts, but neat swimming shorts are ok. Doesn't have to be speedos. It's for hygiene. In pool area better not to wear clothing you might wear somewhere else too. Only swimsuits.

For same hygienic reasons no swimsuit when going into sauna. Beside bacteria there is always some chlorine left in them also. Chlorine vaporizes in heat which is no good. If you are really modest, you can take a small towel with you, but really - no one is interested... :)

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

Got to agree with PasiRoi on all points. NOBODY is interested. Live a bit.

When in Rome .... do as the Romans do.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

The info is here: hotellilevitunturi.fi/en/…info

The exact wording: "Please note! The use of shorts of any kind in the pool is forbidden! Swimmers should wear swimming trunks or swimsuits/bikinis!"

Why should someone feel mortified when everyone is wearing the anyhow?

Edited: 2:50 pm, November 11, 2013
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

Do they provide towels at the spa or do you need to take the ones from your cabin/own?

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

They have towels for hire, and swimsuits, but would really appreciate if you bring your own. Ones from your cabin/room are ok.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

so women can wear bikinis then??

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

I've worn bikinis there ;) Life is not fair...

10. Re: mens swim clothing for swimming/spa??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Levi