We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip to Lapland

Leicester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
first trip to Lapland

I am planning to visit lapland either Dec 13 or Feb 14, we are a family of eight 5 Adults and 3 Children 13 to 8. I have had quotes from Inghams for both dates for K5 Cabins and also the immelmokit cabins. Can you advise which cabins are better and which time of the year ie snow conditions and also the chances of seeing the northern lights. obviously I understand this is down to alot of other factors

thanks Sally

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first trip to Lapland

The later in the season you go the better snow conditions you will have, but usually there's snow also in December. K5 is "behind" the Levi tourist information, Immelmökit a few hundred metres further from the K5, so locationwise there's not a big difference.

See the equipment and pictures etc. yourself:

K5: http://www.k5levi.fi/en_accommodation/

Immelmökit: levikeskus.fi/immelmokit/english/index.html

Northern lights are in practice down to pure luck (strong solar wind/solar storm hitting earth's magnetosphere and clear skies needed simultaneously at dark time).

leicester
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: first trip to Lapland

Thankyou will have a look at the pictures

Sally

Forres, Scotland
Level Contributor
468 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first trip to Lapland

I would opt for Feb- more daylight and more ski runs and snowmobile tracks open.

As for the Northern Lights we have been 6 times and never seen them :(

4. Re: first trip to Lapland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Levi