We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just need some advise

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
just need some advise

hello all i am looking to book a triip to lapland for next decemeber, i am just a bit worried about the clothing i need to take. i will be booking to go on the safaris and santa things.

i have been told thermals for the base laye then fleecce are wool for mid lay then a snow suit are ski pants and ski jacket. heat holder socks with thin socks underthem snow boots woll hat fleecce scarf and insulated gloves.

this will be my first trip to lapland well this will be my first trip out of the uk so im sorry if my questions are abit silly lol.

i also got tolded to put 2 mid layes for my daughter she will be 8 while where there then her snow suite/ski pants jacket.

are these cloths correct and will these be warm anouth for every1 please.

thankyou sarah x

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just need some advise

It sounds like you have read the recommendations and are well prepared already.

But don't pack yet if you mean next December. You have 12 months :)

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just need some advise

yea i wont pack too earlie just like to be prepeard then i know exacualy what i need ect dont wana get there n be frezzin lol x

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just need some advise

I'm lookng to go next Dec too. Which part are you going to and who are you booking with? Can't wait!

ireland
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: just need some advise

hopeing to go nxt dec also have a 8yr old and a 7yr old. No harm on getting a list together as you can pick up bits as you go.

I was looking at Saariselka with thomson.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just need some advise

im not quite sure whitch part yet as iv been looking at different options like renting a log cabin and booking my flights ect all seprate. then looked at flight n hotels n then pay for the activites n also been looking at the 4day all inclusive as this is my first trip out of the uk im unsure weather the 4days are better are a cabin for a week. only isuie i have with the 4days is some of the activis as snowmobile safi i dont have a driving lisence n for ehat i can gather u drive them your self also my mum n dad are wanting to go aswell and my mum cant drive and the husky safi same aplies if u hav eto rife it your self my mum couldent do that are my 6 year old. but the do it you self i get to chocie the activites that we can all do. pleqse oversly want to look at the brochers for next year not sure when they come out andone know? as wanting to be there for my daughters 8th birthday aswell witch is 10th december thats why 2 year in age as nt 7 while next week lol...so still not sure do u have any placers in mind yet? x

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just need some advise

im not quite sure whitch part yet as iv been looking at different options like renting a log cabin and booking my flights ect all seprate. then looked at flight n hotels n then pay for the activites n also been looking at the 4day all inclusive as this is my first trip out of the uk im unsure weather the 4days are better are a cabin for a week. only isuie i have with the 4days is some of the activis as snowmobile safi i dont have a driving lisence n for ehat i can gather u drive them your self also my mum n dad are wanting to go aswell and my mum cant drive and the husky safi same aplies if u hav eto rife it your self my mum couldent do that are my 6 year old. but the do it you self i get to chocie the activites that we can all do. pleqse oversly want to look at the brochers for next year not sure when they come out andone know? as wanting to be there for my daughters 8th birthday aswell witch is 10th december thats why 2 year in age as nt 7 while next week lol...so still not sure do u have any placers in mind yet? x

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just need some advise

sorry on phone n fat fingers lol we have a power cut atm so couldent get on pc so sorry for spellings lol plus cant spell anyway haha x

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just need some advise

Me too Schumcher saariselka with Thomson! hoping the brochure comes out next week so I can book. not sure which hotel though-how about you?

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just need some advise

sazzy-I think thomson brochure is out next week or the week after

i def want to go to saariselka but wan't sure about a 3/4 night santa break or 1 week ski break in a log cabin with inghams. the week looks cheaper but you've got to think of all the food/drink extras you'll spend in a week if you go s/c in a cabin. plus you have to pay extra with inghams the ski suits and boots whereas with thomson its included in the price. i suppose it all bumps the price up.

my son will be 4 so I think 4 nights with included tatsers and santa meeting will prob be long enough esp if its really cold

ireland
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: just need some advise

looking at either the snowflake or Tunturi i think , not sure will we do 3 or 4 nights. Depends on the price i guess.

Get answers to your questions about Levi