We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions (must do things in levi)

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions (must do things in levi)

Hi all

I am lapland bound on the 14th -17th dec with thomas cook ,I know we get little taster sessions included but what are the must do excursions in levi. Its a one off holiday so i dont mind paying a little extra for a once in a life time excursion.Also is it a lot cheaper to book excursions with outside agency or stick with the travel agents.

cheers in advance

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

Husky sledging does not really require any advance skills. The guides of the safari will give an introduction and teach you to steer the husky sledge.

For snowmobiles you'll need a valid drivers licence (for cars). Without one you can only travel on a snowmobile driven by someone else (sitting behind the driver). Also the snowmobiles and driving them will be introduced and taught before your set off.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

thankyou for your help :) x

Essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

Thanks. Do you know the position regarding insurance - does the cost of the snowmobile cover 3rd party liability and damage - our tour operators cannot tell us. Thanks

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

I would suggest that you ensure your travel insurance covers you if possible - however, if you are booking these trips with your tour operator then its poor that they can not tell you if you are insured or not

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

No need to worry about that. Snowmobiles - like all motor vehicles in Finland - have a mandatory insurance, which covers property damage to others and bodily injury to the driver, passenger and others.

Essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

Thanks for your help, that's reassuring -I can't find an insurer that will cover snowmobile driving . Now just need to nag the tour operator some more for official confirmation.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

Independant travellers to Levi, how do you get there, Finnair with a stop at Helsinki or on a charter flight through the likes of Inghams? Also where do you stay, on most websites i have looked at, there is little or no availability over Xmas in Levi! Is it a case of the big boys block booking the hotels?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

There are all the time fewer and fewer opportunities for flight-only deals on tour operators' selection. This leaves the scheduled flights your only option. There are no direct scheduled flights from the UK to Lapland. The connections are the most frequent via Helsinki, but e.g. this winter there have been direct flights also from Copenhagen (SAS).

Christmas is peak season, but usually there is availability nevertheless. You can search for accommodation on the resort's own website http://www.levi.fi or if you're interested in hotel accommodation you can also contact the hotels directly.

Edited: 1:55 pm, January 28, 2013
19. Re: Excursions (must do things in levi)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Levi