We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to and from Florence-Figline Valdarno

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to and from Florence-Figline Valdarno

My boyfriend and I are going to Hotel Villa Casagrande in Figline Valdarno and I wondered if anyone could give me some tips or useful websites on the best way to get from Florence Airport (not Pisa) to Figline Valdarno.

I know the Hotel is a 10 minute walk from the train station which is a direct train from Florence Centre.

Also do I need to book train tickets in advance or can I buy them when I arrive?

Thanks a lot everyone!!!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to and from Florence-Figline Valdarno

You would need to take a bus or taxi from Florence airport to the main station in Florence (Santa Maria Novella). There are frequent trains from there to Figline Valdarno. For times and costs, see www.trenitalia.it/homnepage_en.html

There is absolutely no point in trying to buy train tickets in advance. These are local (Regionale) trains with no seat reservations. Tickets cannot sell out, and there is no discount for advance purchase.

Do not forget to time-stamp your tickets in a yellow machine at the station before you get onto the train.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to and from Florence-Figline Valdarno

Thank you very much for your advice!

Last question: is it easy to get to the travel options from the airport or is the system a bit difficult?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to and from Florence-Figline Valdarno

You go outside the terminal and follow signs for bus. The bus stops right outside Florence train station.

Public transport in Italy is much better organised than it is in UK.

4. Re: Transport to and from Florence-Figline Valdarno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:57 am, February 15, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Figline e Incisa...