We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

10 posts
Save Topic
river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

Hi,

is there river crossing in landmannalaugar trek ?

i think its not reccomended passing it barefoot nor with your hiking shoes..

should we bring sandals..

hope for u r help !

thanks,

Boston...
Level Contributor
20,836 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

You do know how cold that water will be, right?

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

I do know actually - but what i am asking is if we MUST cross these rivers by foot.

ofcourse that if we can avoid frossing it by foot - thats what well do

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

What do you mean ? The Laugavegur hike, or just from the parking to the pool.

There are many rivers on the Laugavegur hike, but there is a footbridge on the river from the parking to the pool.

Sandals or special wading shoes are recommended when wading across glacial rivers (or all rivers for that matter)

10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

i meant on the hike itself - we will do the LAUGAVEGUR & FIMMVÖRÐUHÁLS together.

what i'm asking is if there are footbridges on the hike (along the way - these 70KM) or should i take my chaco which weight 1.2KG (or take mini Flip Flops instead)...

thanks !

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

Yes there are few footbridges. BUT there are way more rivers to wade through. So bring wading shoes along.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

IMHO flip flops are no good for wading through water. They give no support or grip and come off. You need a suitable shoe that stays on you foot.

10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

Hi,

ofcourse i didnt even think of crossing a river with flip fliops..

what i was trying to figure out:

IF - there are footbridges and you dont (!) neet to cross river with wading shoes - THEN - i'll bring flip flops for the shower etc.

IF - there arent footbridges and you have (!) to cross river by foot - THEN - i'll bring the Chaco Sandals - for the crossing and the shower etc..

So - What do u say ?

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
11,815 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

There are multiple glacial rivers you will have to cross on foot on this hike and you will have to bring appropriate footwear that stays on your feet in rushing water and will provide good traction to cross them.

9. Re: river crossing by foot landmannalaugar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 12, 2017