We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to reserve tickets for Karlstejn Castle Tour 1 ?

Singapore_UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need to reserve tickets for Karlstejn Castle Tour 1 ?

Hi

I would like to find out if there's a need to reserve tickets for Karlstejn Castle Tour 1 online? If not, where can we get the tickets when we reach Prague or is it easy to get the tickets at the Karlstejn Castle itself?

We will be reaching Prague after 10 pm & going over to Karlstejn Castle first thing the next morning. All advice appreciated.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to reserve tickets for Karlstejn Castle Tour 1 ?

http://www.hradkarlstejn.cz/en/

according to the official website you can buy tickets on line (must register first), but whether it is necessary I don't know, depends on the day of the week, how busy the castle is and I recall having to wait a couple of hours for my tour the last time I visited.

Singapore_UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to reserve tickets for Karlstejn Castle Tour 1 ?

Hi Tilly

Thanks. Wonder if you bought the tickets online and did you buy the tickets on the day of visit? Was it during summer months that you went? Thanks. Anyway, for information, the url for the online booking of tickets doesnt work. When I emailed the person i/c, instead of rectifying the problem, he told me to buy the ticket on the day itself. So sad.

Regds

Lynn

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to reserve tickets for Karlstejn Castle Tour 1 ?

Shame the on line booking does not work........but it will give you the freedom to get there without rushing .I've been to the castle a number of times usually with our visitors, and always in the summer months. I would avoid going Saturday and Sunday (Monday is closed) any other day would be OK. I have never bought anything on line, looks like this is something added on recently (since it does not work as yet). It's unlikely that you would not get in. So go up to the castle, buy the tickets it will tell you when your tour starts, and if it's a couple of hours wait, just walk back and stop in some of the pubs/restaurants for lunch. Or you can even walk further up from the castle, there is a village on top not too far (about a mile) called Morina - just something to do in the meantime.

4. Re: Need to reserve tickets for Karlstejn Castle Tour 1 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Karlstejn