We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babile Elephant Sanctuary

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Babile Elephant Sanctuary

In between 2 tours (north & south), I have just 3 free days & am trying to arrange a extra tour to Harar and want to know is adding in Babile Elephant Sanctuary worthwhile on my middle day. Have previously been to Kenya and Tanzania. Who with?

8 replies to this topic
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,956 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

If you have seen game parks in K and T i would forget Babille, UNLESS you get reassurance that the elephants can be seen or found.....

I heard a talk in Addis a few years back by the guy who runs it and this was his advice..ie contact him first.

He also built and owns....unless its changed///Awash Falls Lodge in Awash NP. Sorry cant remember his name...

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

True. It's difficult to spot Elephants in the sanctuary. But if you're up for it, the Elephants there aren't like those in Kenya and Tanzania.

It's also a cheap place to visit. Park scouts are mandatory. 5Kms past the sanctuary on the main road are the babile rocks which are quite interesting. It's worth a visit if you are visiting the sanctuary. Plus, there are no fees, guides,...

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
3. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJDvM6ZeMSw

I am working on the information gaps in spoting the babille elephants & attractions.its a good adventure which is very close to Harrar Jegol& chep.

1 post
4. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

Do anyone got contact with the the place??

Edited: 5:01 am, August 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18,341 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

Ruth Y

You could have found details for yourself in less time than it took you to join Tripadvisor today... and a " please" is always appreciated by other members when asked for assistance.

bornfree.org.uk/animals/…

Calgary, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
6. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

Posted question on 2014, still this topic is active 2017

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18,341 posts
106 reviews
7. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

Yes, it's still live because someone who couldn't be bothered to do their own research decided to wake it up again 22 months since the last post so I did their research for them.

Level Contributor
90 posts
8. Re: Babile Elephant Sanctuary

Just a support for the comment by Addis Advisor... the name of the man who have been doing a research in the Babile Elephants is called Yirmed Demeke(PHD). If you need a contact i may find his number or address let me know. You may find a helpful information from him or may refer you a local experts/scouts who have a close information about the Elephants from the sanctuary.

Reply to: Babile Elephant Sanctuary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted