We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Villa Stay

Which Addu Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Water Villa Stay

Hi,

My wife and i have booked a Water Villa here for a stay at the begining of September for our 25 Wedding Anniversary.

Any tips or recommendations on this resort and best Villa to request and weather this time of year.Never been to the Maldives before so do i need local currency or USD.What is the norm re:tipping ect.

Any other tips on things to do during our 7 night stay?

I notice not much activity on this forum so hope someone can advise.

Many thanks,

Marc

Garvagh, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Water Villa Stay

Hi Marc, we're arriving in Dubai on the 1st Sep, then on to Villingili on the 3rd Sep for 7 nights.

The reviews on the Zabeel Saray seem to be improving although they are still in their soft opening. I've been to Dubai once before in 2005 and loved it, but I expect its changed a lot since then! Went to Kuredu in 2004 and thought it was paradise but so far the Shangri la sounds even nicer...hope so! lol

Hope you had a good holiday...only just seen your message...sorry for the delay in getting back to you1

london
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Water Villa Stay

Hi Toby,

We are off today to Dubai got a late flight so will arrive Tuesday morning.

Leave there on the 1st Sept for Villingili,we are going to book a Jungle Dinning experience as a special treat. Can't wait to get away now and will have to get on with the packing!

Have a great holiday,all looks fantastic and should be one to remember for a long time to come.

Marc

london
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Water Villa Stay

Thankyou all for your help and advise.

We are here now in our water villa,108 whispering palms and it is absolutely wonderful.Got up this morning,opened the double doors directly looking out on the beautiful blue sea.Went in for a snorkel,saw some marvellously coloured fish,got out showered down and got on our pushbikes and cycled to breakfast. Back in the villa now,sunbathed, snorkelled some more, now sitting on the day bed in the shade for a bit and writing this message.

Anyone thinking of coming here for a relaxing,romantic holiday,this place is all you can want and more.

Marc

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Water Villa Stay

Hi Marketman

So pleased you are having a good time. We absolutely loved the water villas, I would live there if I could!

T23

25. Re: Water Villa Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, April 04, 2014