We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Villa in Whispering Palms or Serenity Bay

Which Addu Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Water Villa in Whispering Palms or Serenity Bay

I'd love to be able to swim around water villa, which area is a better choice? Some of the comments saying that it's easy to get hurt by the reefs in the whispering palms area, is Serenity Bay more swimming friendly? Thank you!

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Villa in Whispering Palms or Serenity Bay

Hello SweetKiddie

The house reef is closer to the Whispering Palms area but still a fair swimming distance it is not under the villa or near the steps and the water is fairly deep. We were in the WP area as like to snorkel and wanted to be close to the reef. If you are shortish it may be best to take some type of floatation device (we had pool noodles) as at High tide the water was too deep to stand from our steps I am 5ft 4in and husband 5ft 7in.

It is not good to touch or stand on the coral but this can easily be avoided I can only think that some tried to swim over reef in lagoon at low tide as this is the only way you could get hurt.

The water villas are absolutly amazing and huge and it was the loveliest place I have ever stayed!

Regards Turquoise.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Villa in Whispering Palms or Serenity Bay

Thank you so much Turquoise, appreciated your sharing! Whispering Palms sounds like a perfect destination!

3. Re: Water Villa in Whispering Palms or Serenity Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 14, 2010