We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri la resort

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri la resort

HI we want to book this resort next august, we are looking for 10-12 days bed and breakfast, what sort of rates should i expect and are their any competitive places i can book?

thnx

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri la resort

errrm... i COULD put in the hour of research and find that out for you ... but obtainingg quotes for you is pretty much between you and perhaps a travel agent - and sorry, but my hour is as valuable as yours :)

if you are asking "how much did you pay?" - please remember that the resort has only been open a bit over a month and everyone who has visited so far has been on intro specials - so you won't get any "experience values". i think you are stuck doing your own homework :)

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri la resort

I didnt want anyone to do the work for me- sorry if it came across like that! i was wondering if anyone knew any agents that offer good rates.. anyway ..!!

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri la resort

Hi

Have you tried Kuoni? It is worth ringing them rather than just taking their book price.

Regards T23

PS: All room types here are wonderful, we went on a tour to see them all.

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri la resort

great thanks, are you there now? what room did you pick? What is the beach like and the food? Have you tried the spa... oh lucky you!

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri la resort

Hello from Villingili

Yes we are here now and it is amazing. We are in a water villa and it is huge and right over the ocean with steps down to the sandy lagoon and close swimming distance to the reef.

The food is very good and very well presented, I would say if you think you will be hungry around lunch best to book full board. With FB or HB you get to eat from all the restaurants with a choice of steaks, seafood and veggie options. There are three restaurants one all day dining and the other two are open for dinner.

The beach is wonderful especially on the lagoon side of the island as the other side which houses the tree house villas and the pool villas has rough and wavy seas(lovely views)but if you pick one of these there is plenty of beach in front of the main pool, if you wanted to spend time on the beach.

Regards from paradise.

T23

So far everything perfect although wine is a bit pricey!

Warsaw
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shangri la resort

Hi,

Hoping to go to Shangri-la end of Sept for 1 week and already excited! A few reviews have mentioned getting around on bikes - do you need to rent these or are they provided by the hotel?

Also, has the weather been OK recently?

Anna

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shangri la resort

Hi

Bikes are provided free of charge and they also have kids bikes and the carry seats for kids.

We have been here two weeks and had one day of rain and a few cloudy days but the rest has been fine and sunny.

Regards

T23

8. Re: Shangri la resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 15, 2010