We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Speed and Responsiveness?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
Internet Speed and Responsiveness?

How is the internet in Papagud? Do they have DSL or cable connections available there? Anyone know? If you do please share your knowledge. Also, alternatively, how's the wireless internet from Globe and Smart there?

I'm looking for places to live in the Philippines where I can do both surfing/windsurfing and make a living with my internet business.

Any info on the internet there would be very much appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Speed and Responsiveness?

I can't remember how is the speed like in Pagudpud.

However just to give you a reference.

When I was in Cagayan De Oro which is considered one of the prominent city in Philippines, Internet access is poor. They do not have 3G.

The only city outside Manila that I found to have decent data connection in Cebu city.

So don't bank too much hope for good Internet access in the north.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Speed and Responsiveness?

Ok, yeah I live in Boracay, the connection there is decent. I have a DSL connection (from pantelco) there and even though it's not fast (0.7mbps up and down), it IS most of the time very responsive when loading websites. They also have Kalibo Cable here which looks to be decent also from my experience with that connection in a restaurant, so I guess Kalibo has a decent connection also. I guess it depends on the area in the Philippines also if there's decent internet available.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Speed and Responsiveness?

You can get decent DSL service in Pagudpud, but it will depend on where in the town you are staying. Close to the center is probably better. The resort I stay in has very poor cellular coverage and is too far out to get DSL currently. I get reasonably good mobile coverage in most areas, though I have not run a speed test. Maybe I will try on my next trip up that way.

You will LOVE windsurfing in the area. Check out Kinfisher Beach Resort. Until a few months ago their resident pro was Fabrice Beaux, was absolutely amazed at what he could do on the water. The resort has an access fee (P500) if you launch from their site, but it is nice to have the security of somebody watching after you while in the water, and the people are awesome. During peak season (Nov-Apr) they have flat water inside and 2-6 meter waves outside. Lots of kite surfers, but "lots" is relative coming from Boracay. Nenette Graf runs the surf shop in Kingfisher as well, she may be a good source of information if you know her/see her in Boracay.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to: Internet Speed and Responsiveness?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pagudpud
More Pagudpud Topics