We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trips/transport?

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Trips/transport?

Just have another couple of questions...is it possible to get boat trips from Tholos itself or do I have to go into Rhodes and is there a bus service nearby the Meliton Hotel that goes into Rhodes town???

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

No boat trips from Tholos but there are regular buses into Rhodes Town. Buses don't pass your hotel as I remember but it's only a short walk to the main road.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

Thanks a lot.

How long would a bus ride be do you know,as expect boat trips leave fairly early and don't want to get caught with Cosmos trip prices too often!!!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

I used to drive when I was in Tholos so I'm not sure how much longer the bus takes. It's not too much of a trek though, maybe half an hour? Looks like they depart early enough anyway as most daytrips leave the harbour around 9-9.30 http://www.ando.gr/eot/eng/BUS.pdf (Tholos is listed as it's full name Theologos).

Edited: 12:15 pm, May 27, 2014
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

Brilliant!! So helpful,thank you!

I don't drive so hope to try the buses at least once or twice,as will be much cheaper than using Cosmos to get into the main town and more enjoyable...IF I don't get lost!!

Thanks again for the information.(Have copied and pasted so will print and take with me.)

Just noticed the timetable is only for May but does it update automatically (I have kept the web-site) as not going till Sept 10th!

Sorry to be a nuisance!!xx

Sandy.x

Edited: 2:22 pm, May 27, 2014
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

Yes they update it through the season so just check a bit nearer the time.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

Cheers Marcus!! I may think of something else as it gets closer...sorry!!

Sandy xxx

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

Just found they now have Street View on Google Earth so have "walked" down the road from my hotel (the Meliton) down to main road and seen a bus stop not too far along,so will probably make my way down there,if I can find out what the stop is called for return journey!!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

Hi

I have noticed that google maps have actually moved Meliton hotels location and now i am very confused what has actually happened, as when i was looking for a hotel which is near enough to Doreta Beach Resort (where my parents are staying) meliton was very near. Its location on google maps was like displayed on every bookable website

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

I found Meliton no problem (It actually starts from the Meliton) on Google Earth using Street view yesterday,so maybe you can use that to locate the distance to your parents place?? I am going in Sept on my own so am glad I can see the way around it now! Street View doesn't go up to the main village but all along the main beach road (the ones with Street View are highlighted in blue)

Hope this helps

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat Trips/transport?

Meliton is the opposite end of Tholos to Doreta but Tholos is a relatively small resort so not that great a distance.

Get answers to your questions about Tholos
Recent Conversations