We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes packing for women

Which Ko Yao Yai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes packing for women

I understand that Koh Yao Yai is predominately muslim and would appreciate your comments on dressing for both here and Koh Yao Noi. Are short and vest tops acceptable outside of the resort or is this frowned upon?

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes packing for women

I`m not a woman :-/ so I never really noticed any stares of disgust.

I think being covered from above your cleavage to a bit below your buttocks should be OK (not sure about shoulders). Nothing toooo tight. Certainly the more/longer the better but nobody expects you to wear a burka. It`s tropical - be comfortable but decent.

The girlfriend did feel a slight "male comes first" attitude sometimes - I guess that is common lots places although. It`s a great place to visit.

2. Re: Clothes packing for women

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ko Yao Yai