We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

possible sidari 1st timers

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
possible sidari 1st timers

the OH and i are planning on going to greece next june.

we were initially looking at kalamaki or tsilivi on zante but before we made a definate decision sidari came up as an option.

we dont want crazy night life, you know what i mean kids throwing up in the street being dragged into bars for shots ETC...

the sort of thing you get in kavos or laganas in zante.

we are looking at 10 days self catering. we like to lay on the beach or round a pool but also like to get out and explore either on our own or on an excursion.

looking for nice restaurants and either bars where you can sit and watch the world go by or somewhere with a tribute act on.

is sidari the place for us?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

You have just described Sidari perfectly, plenty of lively but not rowdy bars with above average tribute acts and plenty bars to watch the world go by and some of the nicest food I have had on holiday. Plus the added bonus of no trouble with some of the nicest workers and bar owners you could ever meet. Book now you won't regret it.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

I'd say Sidari would be ideal for you,it's probably the best resort in the Greek Islands for tribute acts and also has plenty of other things going for it such as a very nice sandy beach,loads of different tavernas/restaurants to choose from and plenty of very worthwhile excursions available from within the resort.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

wow, perhaps i should be a travel agent!!

any suggestions on places to stay, B&B R/O OR S/C??

lancashire
Level Contributor
407 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

Been LaganasTsilivi and Kalamaki and Sidari is a great place to go Laganas is like Kavos KFC Pizza hut and night clubs. I do like Zante dont get me wrong and will go back.

Tsilivi is good but was not as good as Sidari in my opinion seemed a bit pricey and the locals where not as friendly as compared to Sidari Not the same entertainment at night as well.

Kalamaki was nice but was maybe a bit to laid back as i have a 14, 8 and a 6 yr old and so they want some form of nightlife.

Sidari seems more of two places in one with one half of the place low key and one place with a bit of nightlife but all within walking distance of each other.

Hope this helps.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

Look at the canal d amour area. Its a 10/15 minute walk to the strip for all the tribute acts etc but nice and peaceful. There are loads of greek restaurants on your doorstep and lovely coves for a smaller beach. Its more traditional there so you feel like you are in greece. There are lots of self catering apartments in the area. I am sure you will like it there cos you get the best of both worlds.

6. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, August 08, 2014
Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

I think it would suit your needs perfectly lyn - the beauty of the resort is that it offers lively or sedate so you will find a good balance of the two xx some lovely hidden coves to while away the days in the canal d amour area wonderful restaurants and some fantastic tavernas off the beaten track, lots of places to visit close by, and ,most of all, some of the most hospitable, sincere people I have ever come across xx

Well what are you waiting for Lyn??? get it booked!!!!!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

a post has been removed by tripadvisor that made it sound like benidorm. that isnt the case is it?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

also, any recommendations on places to stay B&B or self catering?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: possible sidari 1st timers

Hi Lyn.....and Welcome to the Sidari Forum.....

June is a lovely time to visit Sidari and is ideal for couples, families and singletons....I like to visit in June (unfortunately this year I have to wait until beginning of October to return).

As Mushyjam has stated, the beauty of Sidari is you can have either a quiet time or lively time depending on what you are looking for (or a bit of both!). I would look to the Canal D'Amour area of Sidari, it is a 10-15 minute walk to the start of the strip, where the tribute acts are. There are so many different tavernas to choose from and everyone who visits finds their own personal favourite.

If you want b&b you could try The Sellas Hotel a nice basic and clean hotel....for self catering - The Kanali, Olgas, Tondoris. Check out tripadvisor reviews for hotels to find one that suits you.

I certainly would not return to Sidari if I thought it an unsuitable place to stay. I used to work in travel and never visited a place twice for my own holidays.....Sidari changed all that!! I have met some lovely people on my visits both fellow travellers and have made many Greek friends there. The people are so friendly and welcoming.

Sidari is also a good base to explore the Island - either by hiring a car or by doing coach trips, these can be booked by booking the local coaches in the travel shops in Sidari.

Fi

Mentioned in this post
Sellas Hotel
Sellas Hotel
284 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations