We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me choose sidari or kassiopi

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
help me choose sidari or kassiopi

think we have narrowed it down to one of these resorts, would be great if all you nice people on here could help me choose.

we will be visiting for a week mid September.

we will be staying s/c and eating out for all meals and having a few drinks both day and night.

we are in are 30/40s and like some entertainment, i.e singers, quizzes sometimes just a quiet tavern, and on the odd occasion we may have a late lively night, but not into nightclubs. don't want anything like a 18/30s place.

we like a choice of good restaurants as well as a nice gyros.

also cost is a issue as this will be our 3rd holiday this year, so would like to know if both resorts are similar in price for eating out and beer/wine.

if someone could tell me the prices in both places for

a glass/carafe of house wine

a bottle of mythos

a cocktail

lamb kleftico, stifado etc

thanks tracey

I have also posted this in the kassiopi forum

lancashire
Level Contributor
401 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

I found them to be similar not the topography but the experience English breakfsts served and sunday lunches if you want it in both resorts.

Same Greek night experience that you can get in the majority of the Greek Islands holiday resorts and yeh i do enjoy a good Greek night but when you have done a few you realise that they are more or less all the same (good food, good music, dancing with fire and plate smashing) .

Bars serving cocktails and pint measures of lager and you could get John Smiths in both resorts if you want it as you can do in most large resorts in Corfu.

Only real difference is that Sidari has more people hence more bars.

That is only my opinion having stayed in both resorts and would stay in either resort again but having got kids i have to go somewhere that has more to offer for them hence Sidari.

If i had a choice in Corfu it would have to be Arillas as it is not as busy but for some it might be too quite.

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

It actually isn't that quiet when we go in August the bars are quite lively and the tavernas are very busy. It has a nice balance and enough choice for everyone except those who want nightclubs.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

A good balanced post by birtwistle. I agree with holidaying with children it's good to go somewhere that has a reasonable amount to offer them, such as Sidari.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

Kassiopi and Sidari are both fantastic - Kassiopi has a lovely harbour, with nice shops and restaurants winding up the hill - and the most gorgeous beach. Sidari is way more touristy, but with lots of amazing bars and restaurants. There are lots of places very close to Sidari that are well worth a visit too - Arilles, Cape Drastis and Sunset Beach which has the coolest bar in the world. For me it's Sidari every time, with a few day trips to Kassiopi thrown in

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
297 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

We asked the same question this time last year , received some fantastic advice and ended up going to Kassiopi the first week in September .

Echo what all the others say , Kassiopi is very picturesque with some nice bars and restaurants but to be honest it was a little too quiet for us on a night , might just of been the time of year but there really wasn't a lot going on apart from Greek dancing at Kostas , and a disco type bar called illusions.

Prices in Kassiopi were around €3 for a Mythos , although Mak Mak bar was very cheap cocktails were €5-7 and a kleftico, stifado were around 8 from what i can remember.

We are trying Sidari this year staying in the Canal d Amour area which hopefully will give us laid back or lively depending on what we fancy.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

We have stayed in Roda, Arillas & Sidari and been to Kassiopi also. Sidari has everything, lovely beaches, great food, nightlife if you want it and reasonable prices.

Kassiopi was lovely but too small a resort for us. Going back to Sidari again this year , can't wait!! If you stay in apartment/hotel away from the strip you have the best of both worlds. Enjoy!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

Hi.....As Gill_Terry says you could do a couple of day trips to Kassiopi from Sidari, and as Sharcon says try apartments in Sidari which are slightly away from the strip, then you can have a bit of both worlds.

Have fun...

Fi

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

Hi, just to double check are there regular buses to and from Kassiopi? I'd defo be interested in a day trip or two to there and to Roda

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

The local green buses travel to the local villages Alison...if you popped into Jeni's Cafe (or walked passed it - but I wouldn't be able to pass it without stopping for her lovely cheesecakes!!) on the way to strip last year - there is a bus stop there which has the timetable on it. Roda is only a hop, skip and a jump just down the road from Sidari....lovely place to visit.

You could always look at Vlasseros travel as they do trips to the various places too and on their lovely big red coaches.

Fi x

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: help me choose sidari or kassiopi

Thanks Fi, I'll be sure to check them out. Do you know how their prices compare with the local buses to somewhere like Kassiopi? I know Jeni's cafe very well as I stopped there every day last time I was in Sidari and the cheesecakes were amazing! We even bought two to have at the airport on the way home! Do you know if there's a more local bus stop to Yiannis Village up by the big supermarkets or would Jeni's be the closest?

Get answers to your questions about Sidari