We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair

Hi can anyone help me who have flew back to the UK with ryanair recently how strict they are with the weight of hand luggage? Went to corfu town last night and found the best designer coppies of handbags and went shopping crazy! Space is mot a problem as I'm leaving towels and toiletries to fit them in but wondered if they weigh the hand luggage? Karen x

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair

Yes, they do weigh hand luggage. I travelled with RA last year from Corfu and have used them several times this year from various airports. They may not weigh every single item but they do check a few. Although last time I travelled from Alicante with them they did weigh every piece of hand luggage, but then that's a larger airport so they have the space to do that at the boarding gate.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair

hi what handbags did you get and how much is there a etter choice in corfu town than sidari my mrs loves buying bagsthanks pete

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair

Pete it was in Corfu town. I got 3 chanel classic at €17 each a mulberry bag , & purse ,3 channel makeup bags and 2 leather belts! My daughter's got a genuine Mulberry so I know it's a great copy !

So well worth the bus trip of €8 and had a. Fab 3concourse meal for under €10 :-)

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair

Pete it was in Corfu town. I got 3 chanel classic at €17 each a mulberry bag , & purse ,3 channel makeup bags and 2 leather belts! My daughter's got a genuine Mulberry so I know it's a great copy !

So well worth the bus trip of €8 and had a. Fab 3concourse meal for under €10 :-)

Edited: 12:00 pm, September 07, 2013
Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair

Thanx Rim .I know they vary very much from airport to airport that's why I had hopes they were more relaxed from Corfu. They were so strict in malaga earlier this year. I just could not resist some early Xmas shopping. I just wish Jet2 was the airline with 22kg instead of 15 that I have :-(

X

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair

thanks very much cant wait for monday

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair

Your going to love it!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair

We didn't get checked but not to say you won't!

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair

Yeah I know it's a chance you take. In Scotland, prestwick airport weighs every piece, in Edinburgh they don't at all. I should be fine as I'm leaving towels and toiletries to make sure! I just love shopping! My hol was a package deal so we didn't choose Ryan air. And only booked 1 case between us as it was £70 for 15kg . So I'm leaving as much as possible lol

K x

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair

We have a white van man called Dave jackson , he takes parcels back and forth to uk once a month ask at jennies cafe at Sidari if you want anything taken back he lives in yorkshire

he has defra licence to transport animals too

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations