We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

Hartlepool, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

Has anyone been to Kassiopi with a baby? Me and my partner are taking our daughter there in May and staying at Frosini Gardens. I was just wondering how baby friendly the restaurants are? Do most have high chairs or would we be better take a booster seat to attach to their chairs. We were also hoping to get her off to sleep in her pushchair on a couple of nights so are there any friendly quiet bars. Failing that there is nothing wrong with a good book and a bottle of mythos on the balcony. Thanks!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

Hi Maki23...and Welcome to the Corfu Forum

Although I cannot speak specifically about the availability of high chairs in restaurants in Kassiopi...I know that in Sidari a lot of the tavernas have high chairs, so it would seem possible that some in Kassiopi would too.

All Corfiot people adore children, they are very family orientated, so I am sure your little one will be most welcome in the tavernas. Perhaps ask the apartment owners when you arrive, they will know of any tavernas with high chairs.

I have been in tavernas in Sidari where the little ones are in their pushchairs, either fast asleep, or wide awake enjoying the Greek Music.

Just remember that the change of air and the travelling will tire a little one out when you first arrive, don't worry if they are little fractious for the first day or so...

Corfu is a beautiful island...and I am sure you will love Kassiopi.

Fi

Edited: 10:49 am, January 10, 2013
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

they love young children and your 25yrds from a taverna that is so child friendly its unbelieveable ie Lekkas as is most restuarents and tavernas

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

To be honest, I would say all the restaurants are baby friendly. we have been going to Kassiopi for 18 years and there has always been plenty of familes with babies and young children in the restaurants. We are going again this and taking our 14 month old grand daugher.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

The Greeks love kids so i don't think you'll have any problems.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

Definately. It's going to be so good for the baby as well to learn to sleep in the pushchair while you finish dinner, just face her away from you so she can hear you are there but not see you. It's a habit they can learn for life, we've found with both our kids that their sleeping overall has improved greatly after a holiday like this where we just assumed they would sleep with noise around, and they did.

Hartlepool, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

Thank you everyone for your advice. Me and my partner are seasoned travellers to Greece but until you travel with a baby you don't stop to think about what it will be like.

Our daughter is already a little water baby who loves our local swimming pool so I can't wait to get there - maybe even introduce her to the sea because even though we are from a seaside town I don't think the North Sea will be up to temp by May (or even August).

And with her chubby cheeks and brown curls I know we will come home with a little girl who has been spoilt rotten for 2 weeks.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

Hi Maki....

As long as you are enjoying yourselves....your little one will too!!

Have a great holiday and when you get back.. tell us how it went....

Fi x

8. Re: Kassiopi with a 9 month old baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kassiopi