We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to Oboke gorge area

Detroit
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to Oboke gorge area

My husband and I are planning a trip to Shikoku in May . We plan on buying a rail pass and doing most of our traveling by train or bus. I think most areas this will be fine, but was concerned about the Oboke gorge area. Is it necessary to have a car to see the sights in this area? If so , where would be the best place to rent a car for a day or two?

15 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,662 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: transportation to Oboke gorge area

Hi japantraveler

I have already forwarded your query to my friend through email but he is now on holiday in Japan. I’m not sure whether he will reply while he is still on the road or else we have to wait till he is back home which will be another 5-6 days. So bear with me, I will contact you here through PM as soon as I hear from him. Keep checking your Tripadvisor mailbox.

Augusta, Missouri
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: transportation to Oboke gorge area

Has anyone taken the Bonnet Bus tour of the Iya Valley? Does the guide speak English? Would you recommend it?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,662 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: transportation to Oboke gorge area

Let’s hope poster japantravelerNYC see this post and will response as he/she had taken that bus tour. You can send him/her a private message through the TA mailbox to raise his/her attention.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: transportation to Oboke gorge area

hi I am visiting Sakaiminato port on cruise for one day

Want to visit Oboke Koboke Gorge and Iya Vine Bridge

Any idea as to how I can do it?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,662 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: transportation to Oboke gorge area

It’s not practical as Sakaiminato is too far away! The one-way train ride from Sakiminato to Awa Ikeda alone takes close to 5 hrs with transfers.

Reply to: transportation to Oboke gorge area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tokushima Prefecture