We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving times

Redland City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Driving times

Hi. Just wanted some advice on travel times. We are driving from Coromandel to Rotorua and want to stop at Matamata enroute to do the Hobbiton tour. As it is over the Christmas/New Year period, we want to prebook a tour but have had a bit of conflicting info about travel times, firstly from Coromandel to Matamata, then from Matamata to Rotorua.

We don't want to risk missing our tour if we book too early, but also we have a dinner booking in Rotorua and need to be there by 6pm, so don't want to be pushing it from Matamata to Rotorua either...

Any experienced travellers advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Deb

3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,945 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving times

See http://maps.aa.co.nz/#directions

Pune, Maharashtra...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving times

Hi,

The travel time from Coromandel to Rotorua via Matamata would be around 3 hrs. You can check it here - distancesfrom.com/nz/…1358110.aspx I had a similar problem and found this website helpful. Hope you benefit from it.

Tauranga
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving times

Where on the Coromandel will you be? I go up and around the Peninsula every day, and it makes a difference as to where you are. Traffic is getting heavier every day, and I've noticed a big increase in the number of camper vans in the last week.

Reply to: Driving times
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted