We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgetown, Penang to Taman Negara Park - Transportation

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Georgetown, Penang to Taman Negara Park - Transportation

Good day to my global traveling community.

I'm heading to Malaysia in 3 weeks. We plan to be in Georgetown, Penang and then want to head to Taman Negara Park. As we don't wish to drive, are there public transportation options? I am particularly interested in taking the jungle railroad. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get to the interior park from Penang are sincerely appreciated.

Cheers!

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,554 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgetown, Penang to Taman Negara Park - Transportation

The bus company called Kuala Tahan Express start from Penang at 11.00 pm to Jerantut, aproximately journey 10 hours. The fare is 42 RM.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,292 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgetown, Penang to Taman Negara Park - Transportation

From Jerantut town,you can either take the bus to Taman Negara park or charter a taxi to take you there.

There is a ranger office for more info,(accommodation etc etc(close to the river )

3. Re: Georgetown, Penang to Taman Negara Park - Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, June 22, 2013