We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor

Ko Samui, Thailand
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tailor

I wish to get a suit made for my husband. We r staying in south Chaweng beach, can anyone recommend which tailor to use please?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailor

Timmys Tailor, South Chaweng.

On the main beach road just near Mercure Tana Hotel.

London
Level Contributor
106 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailor

Not sure of a good one, but one I wouldn't recommend is the tailor opposite Centara Grand Beach Resort. he is directly behind the mini mart and I think it's called "The next collection"

Talks a good talk, but fails to deliver.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
580 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailor

I had 4 suits made at Usa Thai Silk Tailors on the ring road in central Maenam. 2 single breasted, 1 double and 1 three piece. I ordered the second two after being very happy with fittings for the first two. I wear all of them frequently in fact my partner and I have talked about trying to get more done from Australia using our measurements on file which would allow me to give my older suits to Vinnies. She had 3 done as well with skirts and trousers and I know that she's also very happy. Between us we also had about 8 shirts made. Can't remember the price but the quality and choice of fabrics was exceptional.

Unusual for Thailand Usa herself is the tailor, so you're being measured and fitted by the person doing the cutting, not measured by an Indian who sends it out to a backyard Thai tailor that puts together your suits plus all the others they have from a dozen other stores with no real care or commitment.

Edited: 5:14 am, June 03, 2014
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailor

I am duty bound as a long term satisfied customer, and personal friend of 'timmy at 'TIMMYS' to reccommend him - and no, I do not get commision. He has not had a successful business in Chaweng for over 25 years by accident.....

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
580 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailor

Always good to read recommendations for a tailor from reviewers that have made THIS many posts. I would say that you can accept such recommendations as legitimate and Timmy's IS the most often, consistently recommended so based on that it would seem a pretty safe bet.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
472 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tailor

We have had clothes made up in KS over the last 2 years - the last lot with through Timmy's. He was no nonsense but knew what we was doing. My husband had better success with his trousers & silk shirts. My outfits were ok (Capri pants based on a style I already had) but the shirts /blouses were less than satisfactory & after 3 fittings Timmy said they weren't good enough & refused to sell them to me, so he won't suck up to you but he is a man of integrity. It appears you get what you pay for.. We had so much better experience getting tailoring in Hoi An in Vietnam - but that's no help ;) on this forum ...sorry!

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tailor

Oooo...I interested in this too! PeegeeSydney I'll be in Vietnam before Ko Samui. Can you remember the name of the tailor in Hoi An?

Many thanks!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
580 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tailor

We had our suits made at Yali in Hoi An. Slightly more expensive, though not in comparison with Australian prices, just in comparison with some other Hoi An tailors. Very happy with the results and the service was excellent. The other big purchase in Hoi An is shoes, bespoke shoe shops all over town, dirt cheap but inspect the quality carefully before paying... And buy an extra suitcase!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tailor

Can anyone give me an idea of what we should expect to pay for a men's 3 piece suit please?

London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tailor

Can't go wrong with Timmys. I get 3 suits made by him every time I visit. All still as good as the day I got them. Think it was ROUGHLY (could be £20 either way) the equivalent of £120 for two piece, £150 for 3 piece. That's hand stitched which cost extra.