We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food prices etc ?

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlandastad, Sweden
Level Contributor
410 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Food prices etc ?

Can anyone give a general idea about mid price restaurant prices and cigarettes. Planning to go mid August

Thanks

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food prices etc ?

hi guys

mid price restaurant might be around the 100 baht mark per dish

not sure about cigarettes but please respect others in the mid priced restaurant and dont smoke inside the establishment

cheers

DC

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food prices etc ?

Cigarettes range from 50 baht a pack for Thai brands to 90 baht a pack (20's) for Western brands such as Pall Mall or Marlboro.

The Western brands are the 'made in SE Asia' version though and not all are available.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food prices etc ?

I would say mid price food in chaweng is more like 250-300 baht per dish - tourist prices definitely. Some of the smaller Thai places away from the centre or at the night market stalls have cheap food but for Samui this is the low end not mid-range.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
979 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food prices etc ?

Mid to some is cheap to others and expensive to the other half so hard to say without a comparison.

It also depends on how adventurous you are to get off the main street and venture out to some great mid priced places that have prices half the price of the main road in Chaweng. Cheap to me is 60-80 baht and mid would be 100-220 baht. I mostly eat fish and shell fish so I tend to have to pay a bit more.

Ciggies I have no idea but believe they are cheap and different but agree with DC as it is something that irks me, especially at breakfast when trying to start the day fresh.

Cheers

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food prices etc ?

We got back from Samui on Monday. We generally ate for around 120 baht for a Thai meal. Some places we had something like Chicken Fried Rice for around 80 baht. If you choose to eat at a resort or hotel then expect to pay double that. If you eat anything western, you will find the prices much higher, most times we found it pricey compared to what we would pay. (especially Pizza!) Try Ninja Crepe in Chaweng. Great service and very reasonably priced. Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food prices etc ?

Just got back from Samui this week and Marlbro Lights/Gold are 190 Bhat form a 7/11 and the Family Mart and around 240 if getting them from your hotel.

In regards to food there was 4 of us and food for all with couple of beers we was looking at around 1200 baht

7. Re: Food prices etc ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, March 23, 2015