We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Hi, my husband and I are looking at coming to Koh Samui in July and would like to stay in Chaweng. We prefer a Thai style accommodation with villa/bungalow with a private pool or jacuzzi. We also prefer 4+ star and a more boutique rather than a large western style resort. It does not have to be on the beach but within walking distance to Chaweng nightlife, restaurants etc. Can anyone suggest any suitable accommodation. Thanks :)

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Hi

If Thai styles bungalow boutiques type then no further than " poppies beach resort " in south chaweng beach. Also towards tip ends of south chaweng beach is " Samui paradise beach resort" .

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Thanks we looked at Poppies but they dont seem to have a jacuzzi or private pool.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Yes. Unfortunately some thins got to give. Samui resotel have beach front with private pool but then is not Thai styles. Samui paradise has beach front with Jacuzzi.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Hi yes have been looking into it all afternoon and think we will need to sacrifice Thai style bungalow for the resort with jacuzzi or plunge pool. What is Antara Chaweng like as they have plunge pool rooms and Grand Centra have pool suites. The main criteria is that we are central and within walking distance.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Between Anantara ( there are two Anantara, Boohut and north of chaweng) lawana which I think you're fevered to ( never stay) and Centara grand ( stayed in private plunge pool).

I would go with Centara grand due to the beach conditions in south chaweng beach. Anantara lawana located on the north chaweng beach. Centara are located on south chaweng and next to poppies resort.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Thanks how long would it take to walk from there till Soi Mango ... is South Chaweng still close? We looked at Nora Villa but it seems a bit further out?

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

From south chaweng ( Centara, poppies ) approximately 20-25 mins ( depends on how many cocktails stop you do) to soi green mango ( walk there and taxi /songhteaw back).

Nora ( north of chaweng beach) is indeed bit out of the way for walk down to soi green mango and the beach are not comparatively to south chaweng beach. However there are plentiful of taxi and songhtew if you chose to stay there.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Thanks we would prefer central therefore north and south are both no longer options for us as we really only want to be 15 min max walk. Can you recommend 4+ star resorts central Chaweng with plunge pool or jacuzzi. Thanks for your help :)

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

The thing is there aren't many 4* in central of chaweng most of them are more of 2-3*. Only one I can think of in central of chaweng that 4* is The Library beach resort but is not Thai style bungalow.

You might like to check out Malibu beach resort right in central Thai style but I'm not sure if there have Jacuzzi or plunge pool.

Also keep in mind the closer or right in central you will have some noise problem.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thai Style Villa/Bungalow Accommodation

Thanks for your help. Didnt really how difficult it will be to find accommodation!! We have decided not to have a Thai style bungalow and happy for resort suite etc. Will look maybe just a bit out of the centre and see what other options there are!! :)