We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New accommodation along Chawneg

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warrnambol
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
New accommodation along Chawneg

Hi, wondering if anybody can tell me the name of the new resort being built next door to the Buri Rasa resort along Chaweng Beach? We are a family of 5 (children aged 11, 9 and 7) planning on travelling to Koh Samui in March 2014 and are looking for suitable family accommodation. We would like to be on a nice stretch of Chaweng beach, a resort that offers interconnecting rooms, a great pool and a great breakfast. We are wanting a place that is within easy walking distance to the main shopping area and restaurants.

Was considering the Buri Rasa but was a bit worried by all the noise (dance club on one side). Thought the new resort may be open by then and was hoping somebody could give me some feedback or offer some suggestions about where to stay.

Thanks very much :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,374 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New accommodation along Chawneg

SweetPea?

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
564 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New accommodation along Chawneg

Hi there while I was researching Hotels I came across this one that opens in March 2014. Its called Ozo Chaweng Samui. It may be possible this is the one your thinking of.

Bom

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New accommodation along Chawneg

If you're looking for interconnecting rooms, a good stretch of beach, a good pool and within walking distance to the busier area then the Centara in south chaweng ticks all your boxes.

central coast...
Level Contributor
274 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New accommodation along Chawneg

Yeah it sounds like the new ozo chaweng you are talking about. A chain of hotels with this being the first one to be built in Thailand. They have some great opening rates too.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New accommodation along Chawneg

Went past this morning and can confirm it's Ozo Samui Resort.

Looks like a large property, obviously new and modern. From what I could see it's 2, possibly 3 stories. South facing rooms are towards Buri Rasa, north facing rooms look into a vacant lot which seperates Ozo from The Beachcomber and has the Monkey Bar (nice small beach bar and restaurant) beside it.

Couldn't see into the centre of the property as the hoarding around it is too high but there would bound to be centre facing rooms as well I'd image.

Still a lot of construction going on but you can see there's furnishings in some of the rooms.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New accommodation along Chawneg

It is about time a new hotel was built there. When we were there in late October it was still a massive building site. It will be a good addition for modern, clean accommodation and has a good beach location. It looks interesting on their website.

7. Re: New accommodation along Chawneg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 29, 2014