We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui accommodation

Brisbane
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Samui accommodation

As my previous questions re Koh Samui have indicated, I am doing some research to find suitable accommodation for family members going over for a wedding next April. I have received some very helpful tips and after looking at a lot of places have almost decided that Montien House may be the place for us. The group would be made up of some 50-60 yr olds and some 20 & 30ish couples. Do any of you have some opinions and feedback from this place that would be helpful in making our final decision.

Thanks

Raeday.

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui accommodation

Hi

Motion house is family own and run a very nice place. However I would like to pointed out that the resort are in the busy part of chaweng beach. If you don't mind being in the midst of everything. Also check out the Blue lagoon next to Amari palm beach.

Cheers,

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui accommodation

2nd that for blue lagoon. really quiet and not too far to walk and they have a fantastic pool!

Sorry not familiar with Montien House. Aside from the location.

Bangkok, Thailand
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Samui accommodation

You can also check out Rocky's Boutique Resort http://www.rockyresort.com/ which is very family friendly and private. They actually also arrange for weddings as well.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Samui accommodation

Thanks for all the advice. I will take a look at the other places you mentioned and also advise our party about the location of Montien House and see what they all think,

Raeday.

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Samui accommodation

From memory you're going to the weddings at Anantara Lawana ???

If you want to be near the weddings in walking distance then forget Rocky resort. Rocky is beautiful resort but it is loaded in lamai beach which is further away by taxi would take at least 20-25 mins more or less. Also there's not much around in walking distance.

6. Re: Koh Samui accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, September 03, 2014