We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana Fan Resort

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Banana Fan Resort

Has anyone from the UK booked a holiday to the Banana Fan Resort if so who with. Im looking to do 3days in Kuala Lumpa then 10days BF. The Amari Palm Reef is coming in a lot cheaper bcoz Kuoni have special reductions for this hotel. I dont want to book a DIY holiday i want a company to book it for me.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
565 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banana Fan Resort

You will get a better rate if you book direct with resort.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banana Fan Resort

Hi

Book directly to the hotel not always cheaper. Some time the big company when combines with multiples city, hotels and airfares they come cheaper.

Why don't you negotiate with them see they can give you the price of Amari but with banana fan.

Good luck

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banana Fan Resort

Of course you need to compare apples with apples but it's generally cheaper to book direct with the hotel, in most circumstances.

The hotels pay up to a 30% commission to the travel agency, which is why many resorts can offer bonus' like complimentary airport transfers, perhaps a meal or massage and maybe even a room upgrade.

Cheers

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Banana Fan Resort

For some reason this hotel isnt popular with travel agents in the UK still shopping around for prices but may stay at Amari Palm Reef where it comes in around £500-£600 sterling cheaper bcoz of discounts especially with companys like Kuoni... thanks everyone :D

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banana Fan Resort

BF are offered on Expedia which is kind of like a travel agent, you can book hotel and airfare packages together and get some decent discounts.

BF is pretty popular and doesnt appear to discount as much as some of the bigger hotels.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banana Fan Resort

G'day Matt, Just the other week I was having a chat to my friend Supit (GM of BFS) and he said they only deal with 3 online travel agents. There's no way BFS contract with Kuoni or Flight centre ect.

Some travellers only want to choose a hotel from the glossy brochure and they do so without realising that some of the better hotels and resorts don't sell out to the big retail travel agents.

My favourite resort The Hansar Samui are also not to be found in a single travel agents brochure.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banana Fan Resort

Doing a random check on Expedia the BF actually comes in a couple hundred pound cheaper than Amari Palm over 12 nights at Christmas.

These are 2 very different resorts. BF is smaller, more boutique like and located in a perfect position on the beach. I do believe they are going to be doing some renovations soon as the rooms there are a little dated.

Amari Palm is much bigger with rooms on 2 sides of the road which appear more modern so it's worth having a close look at the reviews and guest pics of each place.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banana Fan Resort

Jane, I've priced up the last 3 of our holidays to Samui and Bangkok with a multitude of flight booking agents, direct with the airlines, a variety of hotel booking websites and direct with the hotel and not once, did the total price of faffing round with different combos and providers come out much cheaper (ie costs savings were less than £50) than booking direct with Kuoni. In fact on our last trip Kuoni came out cheapest by a few hundred pounds. That's primarily because of the free nights and extras they throw in as part of the package. Next cheapest has been trailfinders, so might be worth looking at what they can offer.

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Banana Fan Resort

Thanku twiggyrex Kuoni have good deals if you book with Tropical Warehouse and Travel Designers they undercut Kuoni by abt 10% so still waiting for quotes back from them.... they do a really good deal for Bandara Resort & spa but didnt really want to go Bo Phut but another option :D

england
Level Contributor
422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banana Fan Resort

I booked their family suite direct with them. Cheaper and excellent communication