We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Info

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour Info

Hi

Finally booked our honeymoon to Koh Samui, staying in the Banyan Tree for a couple of weeks and we can't wait!

People have been upmost helpful on previous questions I've had and i'm hoping for some more great help with this subject!

i've been looking around at excursions packages and companies and some of them do look really good. However i've noticed a couple of them do private tours for like 8000 baht depending on what tour you have and considering its our honeymoon it seems well worth it.

Does anyone know of any good companies that have good sites where you can pick and choose what you do on your tour? There is one thats the day safari where you get picked up in a 4x4 jeep, then elephant trek with rubber tree walk, waterfalls and meal etc and that looks quite good but we'd quite like to do a long elephant trek for like half a day but also see the main attractions i.e. the big buddha, modified monk and the waterfalls.... any suggestions on where we could plan this or who with?

Also if anyone knows any good private tours where you either go kayaking (transport method not that important) around the small islands and in caves etc.

thanks again in advance!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,553 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour Info

Hi

You have posted the same question twice, we will get round to answering them eventually, I am at work, and I know that Australia is early hours of the morning!

I think it is Mr Samui (just search his contact on this forum). Many hotels will also do similar days out. But at £160 that is a lot of money, even for a honeymoon. You could hire a songthew or a taxi for the day and still have change. You could just hire our own car. 8,000thb would give 2-3 days to explore the island and you can't get more private than that!

Do be very, very careful about elephant trekking as elephants are not native to Samui, and it is not a nice existance for the elephants! We never [knowingly] do any tours that include animals.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour Info

Hi

I agree with TM that's a lot of money they are charging. Perhaps contact Elina70 on www.samuiconnection.com/ she is one of koh Samui DEs and run her own tour company. She might be able to sorts out private tour for you. But honestly you could hire a car and drive yourself to discover the island. but book with the tour desk for island hopping/ kayaking.

Cheers,

3. Re: Private Tour Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 16, 2013