We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamai or Bophut

Melbourne
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lamai or Bophut

Planning on going mid to late June 2013.Still can't decide between the two areas having never been before. Could someone please give me an over view on the two to make my decision easier. I know these areas are not very busy ( touristy),clubs /shop, but thats not a priority for us,We are more foodies,cocktails,views,markets and wanderers

Thanks and look forward to hearing from in the know travellers

Macca

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lamai or Bophut

Hi

You will find the same things in both places but bophut is more up market than Lamai. From your others thread you said you like samiyak so I would think you would like bophut more. However is only short distance between these two areas probably 20 mins by taxi.

Bophut has Friday night market ( fisherman village)

Lamai has Sunday night market.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lamai or Bophut

There's more choices of restaurants in bophut and there's the Night market on Fridays.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,164 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lamai or Bophut

I think Bophut is more for you. Lamai can be nearly as busy as some parts of Chaweng and you will find a lot of 'girlie' bars.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lamai or Bophut

Thanks for your help and advice looks like its Bophut.

Have been looking at Hansar for location and views unless

anyone has some advice on other accommodation.

My husband and l like to be able to sit back with a drink on

a balcony and admire the view without having to be on the

beach or poolside or just a morning cuppa if we choose.

Thanks for your help Cheers Macca

5. Re: Lamai or Bophut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 31, 2013