We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

I am trying to book a hotel and after reading many of the reviews I thought that South Chaweng is where we want to go. My future wife and I will be staying for 3 days before we head to Bangkok. We wanted a relaxing atmosphere despite the many reviews I have read that states, Chaweng is crowded and a party-like atmosphere.

We are arriving on December 28th and plan to stay until December 31st. I was looking for a place that is $100 plus or minus 20 bucks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, is it difficult to visit other islands from Koh Samui? Thanks.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

Check out the Paradise Samui, I think it's within your budget and it's a nice hotel.

You can easily visit Koh Phangan and Koh Tao by ferry.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,701 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

Hi

Click on the link for a nearly identical post . .

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41727709

The link for the Sawdee is a good one to figure out what is within your price.

Take it that is 100US$ and not one of the money others $ used around the world. Your budget will limit where you can stay as you are in peak season, when a US$100 room in April will be US$300 in December!

It is not difficult to visit the others islands. Phangan and Tao is on the ferry route whilst the Ang Thong marine park is just a short long tail ride away.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

Forgot to post the ferry website so that you can check out times and prices:

www.lomprayah.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

Sorry, yes my budget was 100 in US dollars. I'm not against spending a little more considering it is peak season however, we are moving around Thailand quite a bit and I wanted to try to save as much as possible.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at the links.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

Would you recommend booking a hotel soon or waiting? I'm just wondering what strategy would give me the best deal. I guess if I wait I may miss out on a good room. Have any of you visited koh samui in December?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,701 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

Hi

At that time of year I would book, its the busiest time of year in Thailand.

Travelling to Samui very early Jan, and it was busy, hotels fully booked etc.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

Thanks for your quick and informative responses. I've booked a room at chaweng cove resotel. Great thing is, they have free cancellations up until late December.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

You won't be disappointed with Chaweng Cove. It is a gem of a hotel in a beautiful part of southern Chaweng. Did you book a hotel room or one of the villas? The villas are fantastic quality for the price, much better than many I have stayed in Thailand for a lot more.

If you want any photos or further info, PM me for details :)

9. Re: Looking for a peaceful, affordable hotel in South Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2013