We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full moon party

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australind
Level Contributor
461 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Full moon party

Hi guys I have realised that we are staying at Baan Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa right in the middle of one of these parties. Are the young ones likely to stay at this hotel and does in make a difference to the general holiday scene in Koh Sumai when this party is on? Thanks for your help.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full moon party

I wouldn't think there would be many if any party goers staying at your resort as it is quite expensive by backpacker standards and even if there are a few party attenders it won't make any difference to your stay at all. It may be a bit busier in Chaweng.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full moon party

It's held on koh phangan - except for the moon being brighter I'm sure you'll be fine..

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full moon party

I don't think you will have any issues at all. We stayed at a similar budget place during FMP last September and wouldn't have known that the FMP was on apart from posters in stores advertising etc.

You will see younger people come onto Samui in the days leading up to it but if you don't stay at a budget place or hang out in the bakpacker type bars etc, it won't make any difference to your holiday - well it didn't with us :-)

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full moon party

Hi yall,

We are off to Koh Samui next year for 2 weeks, we will be there last week in August for 2 weeks. When does this full mon party happen, i saw it on t.v a few weeks ago and it looks horrendous!!!!!

Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Full moon party

The full moon party is at had rin on koh phangan

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Full moon party

You can find the schedule here fullmoonparty-thailand.com/schedules.html

And yes, it is horrendous. Horrendous fun that is! :)

By the way, that is also the opinion of my 24 year old son. ;)

7. Re: Full moon party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 08, 2012