We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry port in Koh Samui

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry port in Koh Samui

I am flying into koh samui but landing at 9 at night so I cant get a ferry to koh Phangan which is where i am meeting some friends, I need some where to stay for one night that is near the port does anyone have any ideas of a good place for a young girl to stay that is close to the airport or ferry port?

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
124 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

Hi Rachelkent,

I would like to recommend you to stay at Pann pree Da Hip Resort, which

near the Petcharat Marina boat to Koh pha-Ngan, also first boat leave from Samui to Pha-Ngan is 10:30am and every 3 hours later regard from timeable. And this only one company that will drop you off at Had-Rin beach.

Edited: 10:04 am, May 03, 2011
DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

what's the best way to get from airport to the port? Arrive 1345 and need to get to Ko Phanghan -- any recommendations about ferries? costs?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
124 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

Airport they are providing van to go around the island , you have to walk to the meeting area and there will has a desk for book the car to drop you off at the pire. The price for this car ( Samui Airport) is almost lowest more than the other taxis. Price for boat to Phanang is 200 bath and takes time around 45mins.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

Correction of the above:

The boats to Phangan go from Seatran Pier ( they arrive to Thong Sala in Phangan in 30 minutes), and from Big Buddha Pier to Haad Rin beach - it's a bit slower, smaller boat Haadrin Queen.

Petcherat Marina is a separate pier for a tour speedboats going to Angthong Park and Koh Tao for snorkeling, and also for private charters, this is not a pier with regular public service.

If you need to leave from Seatran pier and go to Thong Sala- stay in Samui Mermaid or Punpreeda resort.

If you need to leave from Big Buddha pier to Haad Rin - stay in The Pier resort, it's the best and most convenient.

Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

How do we get from koh samui to surathani?

getting very stressed as need to get a train to arrive in bkk for our flight at midnight but need to tie in ferry and I think a bus?

where are the ports situated on koh samui to get the ferry as I will book a hotel near to one of them.

Sorry if Im sounding daft....

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

You go from Nathon pier in Samui to Donsak port near Suratthani. Then you take a bus/taxi from the Donsak pier to the train station in Suratthani.

Hemel Hempstead...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

Was wondering do you know what port i would have to leave from to go to Koh Tao?

Would be a great help :)

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

Lomprayah in Maenam or Seatran in Bangrak.

london
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

Hi there,

Is the Seatran ferry port the one on the west side of the island and do I need to book the fast service in advance to ko phangan. I shall be arriving late on Monday night 17-3-13 and was hoping to get the first ferry out in the morning.

Also what is the best way to get from the airport (after 10pm at night) to a hostel near to the ferry port and do you have any reccomendations of hostels or rooms.

Thank you.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry port in Koh Samui

No, the Seatran pier for Koh Phangan is in Bangrak, only 5 min from the airport. You can stay in Samui Mermaid resort which is very cheap and close to the pier.