We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hello

I am currently planning a holiday to Koh Samui for early March.

I am going round in circles and just cannot decide where to stay. Have narrowed it down to one or two hotels on each of Lamai, Chaweng and BoPhut beaches. We like peaceful, luxurious boutique hotels, and although we want some quiet (it is our late honeymoon and I will be 6 months pregnant) we also like a good choice of restaurants/bars on the beach, to be able to walk around easily and not rely on taxis too much. We like a nice stretch of beach with good swimming - I think I have quite high standards when it comes to beaches ;)

So the options are:

Anantara Bo Phut, Bo Phut

Buri Rasa, Chaweng

Rockys or Silvadee, Lamai

Advice please! Many thanks in advance

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Congratulations on your wedding and baby! Both Rocky's and Silavadee will require transport to go pretty much anywhere - and they haven't got the best beaches so for your particular criteria (I love Rocky's not so sure of Silavadee) I would dismiss them. Buri Rasa is charming and has lots of amenities nearby and great beach. Anantara is larger, more resort hotel and less nice beach (golden and crunchy vs powder and white) but has the fantastic amenity of Fisherman's Village on its doorstep. Arguably the atmosphere of Bophut is more family friendly than Chaweng. You may have dismissed them for other reasons but in Chaweng my choice for a honeymoon would be Poppies and overall I think Sala Samui would be worth a look for you. If you are staying for more than a week why not try two resorts? Enjoy.

Edited: 12:45 am, January 24, 2011
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

We stayed in the Centara located in the quiet part of Chaweng and really enjoyed our stay. Poppies is next door and is a smaller more boutique style hotel. this would definitely be the area I would stay in again in Samui.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks for all the advice. I am so indecisive!

At the moment we have decided to split our time, 4 nights in Poppies and then 4 nights somewhere in BoPhut or Choeng Mon. Do you think this would be worthwhile?

We will try Sala Samui, otherwise probably Anantara Bo Phut or the Bo Phut resort and spa.

Any other suggestions welcomed!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

If you like peaceful luxurious smaller hotels on a good beach within walking distance of a few bars and places to eat then, Sala Samui on Chong mon is exactly what you are looking for.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

4 nights at each place is a good idea. We will probably do similar on our next trip. You have made a great choice with Poppies, it is gorgeous and being small it offers very personalised service and is on a lovely part of the beach. The food there is beautiful too :-)

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:43 am, January 27, 2012