We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help us choose

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
192 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Please help us choose

Hi all the local destination experts, please help us choose the best resort out of the following 3 resorts in KohSamui for next week.we are 2 women friends, looking for beautiful setting,clean,safe,centrally located good resort may be not with the best spa, because we can go out to day spas.so which one out of --

Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort

Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa

Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

many thanks in advance..what will we do with out this forum man..

samui
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help us choose

Only Chaweng Regent is centrally located - and has a very beautiful setting.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
192 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help us choose

have you satyed here?how are the rooms?and how are the following, can you compare these or they are very different in terms of quality?

Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort

Sandalwood resort

Sala resort

Library resort

Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa

many thanks for replying but i do need a little more clarity please...

samui
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help us choose

As you are two women friends: Would you like spending your holidays in a resort which is catering very much for honeymooners?

If not delete Zazen, Sala and Sandalwood (totally different as up in the hills).

Library in central Chaweng getting mixed reviews regarding atmosphere. (Search this forum.) Baan Haad Ngam is very much in the north of Chaweng, sloping down to a small road and on the other side their beach restaurant is located.

No, I did not stay in Chaweng Regent as I stay in my own resort but sometimes there are events I am joining.

If you open www.sawadee.com there is a Samui map so that you also can imagine where the resorts are located,

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
192 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help us choose

so you are recommending regent.yes we are not looking for honey moon sort please! we are good friends meeting after 10 years so will just like a pretty, clean safe and up market place so there are no snags.will like to shop,eat,laze,chat,do spas...i am told magnolia day spa is very good.is it near by the regent ? any other day spa near this hotel thats clean,good and value for money?which resort do you live in please?should we be looking at another location in your opinion?many thanks for the help..

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
192 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help us choose

hey sorry i forgot to ask..how is centara resort in koh samui in your opinion?

samui
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help us choose

Centara is a huge hotel with quite a lot of family guests. The Regent is more authentic Thai with superb service. You could also have a look at Poppies in south Chaweng. Only 24 cottages in very nice gardens. They have almost 4 staff members for every guest and are extremely service orientated. The beach is very good, the pool is small.

My resort does not play in this category..

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
192 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help us choose

hi every body..so i seem to have narrowed my search to 2 resorts--poppeies and the chewang regent.i need to know which one has a better beach,less vendors,larger rooms and bathrooms.this is a 2 women friends vacation so we are not looking for a honeymoonish place please but fun n clean n swish..any ideas...many thank to u all

samui
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help us choose

Chaweng Regent has 140 rooms, Poppies 24. This should mean that more beach vendors will be around CR. 140 rooms have to be filled - also with package tourists. Poppies is more individual.

9. Re: Please help us choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:53 am, January 02, 2012
10. Re: Please help us choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, February 20, 2011