We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

Anyone have some insight on the location of Embassy Samui? We're looking for close proximity to the nightlife (how long of a walk), as well as to the beach, shopping, etc.

Please let me know, thanks!

Address is:

3/26 moo2

Chewang Beach Bophut

Koh Samui,84320

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

Embassy is Located near Nathon...... and chawengh beach is direct Opposite to embassy

see map below

http://samui.sawadee.com/map/

Night life is not so good in nathon...... from chaweng to nathon approximately 39Kms

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

Wow, glad I checked! The proprietors said it was a 15 minute walk to the main strip of nightclubs and bars.

How about Laem Din Hotel? I know it's not on the beach but how far of a walk to the nightlife and beach?

Appreciate you help!

R.J.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

I have no idea where Embassy is but I am 100% certain that Chaweng Beach Road is nowhere near Nathon and looking at their site I think the location might be perfect for you. They are a new hotel so perhaps you could ask who their neighbours are which would give you a clue as to location.

koh samui
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

There was a business called Embassy, sort of a bar/travel agency, not sure if they had rooms or not and also not sure if they are open anymore. I believe it was sold about two years ago. They were located on the Chaweng Beach rd headed south and almost immediately before you get to the 4 way intersection on the beach road where 2 way traffic resumes.

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

Hello

Embassy Samui is located towards the southern end of Chaweng on the main road.It would be a 10 - 15 min walk to the main part of Chaweng depends how many times you stop on the way to keep your fluids up haha.

Embassy Samui is a small guesthouse www.embassysamui.com

A mate of mine & his business partner built this around 3 years ago & indeed it was sold around 2 years ago.

Embassy has a decent selection of restaurants & shopping nearby & the beach is a 2 min walk behind the guesthouse.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Koh Samui
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

Hi to all.

It's Luigi and i'm the owner of the Embassy Guesthouse.

Thought to write this message just for make clear where we are located.

We are in Chaweng Beach 15 minutes walking to the nightlife and less than 5 minutes walking to the beach.

I don't know about that Embassy in Nathon you are talking about.

It's true that the Embassy have been sold 2 years ago and i'm the guy who bought it :) The Embassy is running now since 2006.

7. Re: Embassy Samui - Close to nightlife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 19, 2010