We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

Stockholm
13 posts
Save Topic
End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

Hi!

My husband and I are looking for a 2 week holiday from the last week of October. We want sunshine - a little rain is fine but after a rather rain filled honeymoon last year we're in the need of a little dryness this time :-)

I've read around and it looks like Koh Samui should be ok at this time of year - am I right?

Next, we're not looking for sprawls of gigantic unpersonal hotels (no offense meant to those who do rate hotels on size!) - we really want a chilled out little area with a few decent restaurants serving the local specialities within walking/short drive from a small hotel or even private holiday self catering rental. I'm dreaming of a privately owned accomodation with a few well kept bungalows (no need for wireless, gym, kids area!) close to some snorkelling friendly coves.

Can Koh Samui offer us this? if not, tips and advice are happily received!!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

I love Samui with a passion and want everybody to come here BUT I leave it every year in early October and don't return till late December because that is the rainy season here. You may be lucky - a couple of years ago there was little rain - but from what you say I would absolutely not risk it here.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

rainiest month of the year .try maenam resort on maenam beach ,doesnt have snorkelling though,the water can be a bit murky like most of samui.

Stockholm
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

thanks both, I think we may need to rethink our destination....tricky for this time of year but I'll keep looking! Thanks for your valuable input.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

i reccomend you look at goa ,the season starts 1st week of november,try cavellosim in south goa..

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

thats goa in india,its a great place,some beaches really quiet ,some lively ,great food ,great beach ,cheap prices ,you will need to get a visa though ,pop over to the goa forum,thats where i usually am..

Koh Samui
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

As Fleetcat said is not a good time to get here... as him i would like that everybody enjoy this beautiful island but if you are looking for sunshine is not the right time.

2 years ago was ok but last year was raining a lot maybe for a couple of weeks in a row.

If you want to be in Thailand you should look for the west side which is ok on that time.

7. Re: End of Oct/beginning of Nov, looking for the quiet life!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 19, 2010