We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Closing for Refurb?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
101 reviews
152 helpful votes
Centara Closing for Refurb?

Hi

Just read on the below post that the Centara is due to close for a refurb. I've googled it and can't find anything definite.

We are due to stay here in late April. I swapped from the Banana Fan for this resort and now that's all booked up.

I've emailed the hotel but not had a response yet.

If it's closing after April, does that mean that it's very run down and the services will be winding down?

Should i be panicking?

Thanks

S

7 replies to this topic
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
38,271 posts
386 reviews
448 helpful votes
1. Re: Centara Closing for Refurb?

Hi

The property closes on 1 June and will remain close until 2020 for a total refurbishment. A quick google search will give you more infor.

Who knows if it will be very run down and the services will be winding down. The hotel is unlikely to say that that is the case. I have always found the rooms traditional, whilst not modern gucci, just tired not run down, I liked them. They will also need to keep up standards as far as staff goes.

I would not panic. I would enjoy the gardens and the beautiful beach.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,866 posts
275 reviews
230 helpful votes
2. Re: Centara Closing for Refurb?

We love the Centara and are staying there again in April, I don't think I'd stay there the week before they close but April won't be a problem.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
101 reviews
152 helpful votes
3. Re: Centara Closing for Refurb?

Thank you. That’s out my mind at rest.

@chrella, I think we have similar dates so hope to see you there.

I’ll look for someone dressed as an office worker :D

Italy
Level Contributor
39,866 posts
275 reviews
230 helpful votes
4. Re: Centara Closing for Refurb?

Noooooo we're there the first 2 weeks in April I would have loved to meet up. I'm still getting my office worker gear sorted. That post was hilarious. Lol

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
38,271 posts
386 reviews
448 helpful votes
5. Re: Centara Closing for Refurb?

Yikes I best not wear my 'work gear' then!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Centara Closing for Refurb?

Hi we are here right now and it is in need of a refurb badly.. rooms dated but adequate. Second night in and pool brekkie and beach delightful. Prime position great restaurants around you .. I think it’s good value BUT the rooms themselves are three star.. adequate only just dated. As I said to

My husband we are just sleeping and showering in the room and are out and about at all

Other times. Beds and pillows are great too! Oh and make sure you gives CASH security deposit on arrival not your credit card as the 600 they take from you on arrival takes two weeks AFTER you leave to be refunded cheers

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Centara Closing for Refurb?

We are staying at the centara leaving 2 days before they close and have been assured by the hotel all services will run as normal until the moment they close. You should definitely be fine in April.

Reply to: Centara Closing for Refurb?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted