We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Level Contributor
16 posts
Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Hello,

I will be traveling with late 20-early 30's friends for a week in June, I have come up with the following locations to choose form,

Amari

Ozo

Sareerya

Samui Paradise

Any thoughts on these?

How do they compare in terms of quality and location?

Do any of these have better restaurants/facilities than the others?

10 replies to this topic
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
38,285 posts
386 reviews
448 helpful votes
1. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Hi

I’ve not stayed in these hotels, although they are all a good quality. Reviews will guide you on hotel quality etc. Do you have any more specific deal makers or breakers? Like location or distance to stuff etc?

Personally I would not choose to eat at the hotel, there are too many cheaper and tastier options away from the hotels.

Edited: 8:58 am, February 28, 2019
Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

I’ve looked at so many places now I’m not even sure what i care about. Quality, and space i guess. I know the Ozo’s rooms are only 25m^2 which seems awfully small. Although I guess I shouldn’t be in the room much.

I spend a lot of time in the carribbean and this is just so much different

I guess if I had to have dealbreakers:

Very nice pool/beach area

Good bar on site for when we’re hanging at the beach/pool

Not a ton of kids

We like to party but I don’t want anything seedy, but having a younger crowd would be ok

If there was the option for 3 beds total or a suite that would be great

We are all healthy young adults and don’t mind a 1km walk or so into the main bar/restaurant area

Breakfast available would be nice

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Hi Longhorn, have you looked at the Ark bar? Laid back party vibe with DJ at the pool and swim up bar with a mainly 20,30s age group

Level Contributor
16 posts
4. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Hey I had, but also it was giving off kind of a lower end vibe? Is that accurate? I don’t mind a party vibe, we’ll do our fair share, just want it a bit more upscale I guess?

That’s why I was considering OZO, it seemed like a slightly higher end resort but also one where you could party if you chose to

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
5. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Sorry I missed the higher end part. Yeah, ozo definitely better class of hotel, nicer part of beach and only 10-15 min walk from main party area. I was thinking along the not tons of kids part and party vibe for ark bar however I don't think sleeping is high on the agenda there either. I tend to just visit there and sleep elsewhere...goodluck :)

Level Contributor
16 posts
6. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Do you have a favorite resort?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,867 posts
275 reviews
230 helpful votes
7. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

I think the Centara would have been perfect for you but it's closing for renovations. Check out Banana fan, it's on a good beach has a swim up bar and has just been renovated.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
8. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

I'm a stickler for the chaweng regent beach but I don't think it fits your criteria. There is just about too much kids and it doesn't have a party vibe although it's steps from ark bar and the green mango. I love the party scene too but love the quiet when I want to sleep. The sea is shallow out front too so not the best for swimming but I love it there :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
38,285 posts
386 reviews
448 helpful votes
9. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

I think Chaweng Regent would be a good mix. Great location. Ark Bar would be a 100% no way, its a party place!

You may find the hotels you have shortlisted don't really match your criteria.

Amari - nice location, some bars / restaurants near by, and about 400m walk to much more.

Ozo - ticks all the boxes

Sareerya - nice beach but its just north of the hospital so tends to be very quiet

Samui Paradise - lovely hotel but very quiet area. Great bar opposite.

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
97 reviews
95 helpful votes
10. Re: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night

Tango Luxe Beach Villa Resort would be perfect. For 10,000 a night you could get a two bedroom villa with private pool.

Edited: 2:45 pm, March 02, 2019
Reply to: Best resort For 3 adults for around 9500-10000 Baht/night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted