We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The water at treasure cay beach

California
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The water at treasure cay beach

Hi,

Just a quick question, we will be traveling with a 3 yrd old and I was just wondering, is the water here pretty calm? I want to stay somewhere where there aren't big waves so she can play in the water (with supervision and a life jacket of course). We were thinking of staying at treasure cay resort.

Thanks so much!

JL

North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The water at treasure cay beach

As long as you're not planning to go in the winter, the beach should be fine. It's a beautiful beach with soft sand and shallow water that drops off very gradually and never gets very deep. Since it's on the Sea of Abaco instead of the Atlantic Ocean, the waves are very gentle unless there's a strong NorthEast wind. Those normally only occur in the winter when the water will be a little chilly as well.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The water at treasure cay beach

You might also consider the Abaco Inn on Elbow Cay- the sound side small beach there is very calm and would be a good place for a small child while you can still have a golf cart and see other areas of the island and use the pools at several resorts like hopetown Harbour Lodge and Sea Spray- personally, I think there would be more to do there than on TC but that is just my opinion. Strictly for the beauty of the beach, TC would probably be hard to beat.

North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The water at treasure cay beach

On Elbow Cay, the best beach for a small child would be Tahiti Beach. The sound side beach at the Abaco Inn is very small, has a water sports concession on it, and is adjacent to a dock so there's boat traffic. And now there's a sea plane coming ashore there as well. The ocean side beaches are normally too rough for toddlers.

4. Re: The water at treasure cay beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Cay