We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM card or type of cell phone use

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
557 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
SIM card or type of cell phone use

I have an unlocked cell phone I use for out of country trips but have no idea where I can purchase a SIM card to use in it or if a Verizon cell would work? I'm not a cell phone junky but need availability to be reached from home if needed.

Thanks so much for your input!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SIM card or type of cell phone use

Yes, in the new domestic terminal waiting area. That's why I said it's only useful for inter-island travel. Sorry! Seems a few amenities/fav's/familiarities are missing since the airport's remodel.

Can he top it up online?

Edited: 1:06 pm, January 03, 2014
here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SIM card or type of cell phone use

Sure he can top it up, but he's usually in a rush and the old mini store used to be a quick and easy stop.

Thanks for the info.

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: SIM card or type of cell phone use

You can top it up online as long as your number is still active. If you have let it lapse, then I'm not so sure. When my prepaid account lapsed, I had to go to the local BTC office to get it reactivated before I could buy minutes for it on line. Since each top up is only good for 90 days, you have to stay on top of it.

Edited: 3:07 pm, January 03, 2014
14. Re: SIM card or type of cell phone use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Cay