We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Cay to Nippers

Which Treasure Cay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Treasure Cay to Nippers

We are headed to Treasure Cay in November - is there a way to get to Nipper's in Great Guana Cay? Ferry? Rent a boat? How far is it? Looking forward to crystal clear turquoise waters when Cleveland, Ohio turns to shades of grey . . . :-)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure Cay to Nippers

You would not want to pay to rent a boat to go to Nippers. Take the ferry:

http://go-abacos.com/travel/fersch.html

S. Casciano Vp
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure Cay to Nippers

Hi there. I had a look at your post about Treasure cay.

I'll be there on early december with my wife and a couple of friends.

May I contact you before we'll leave?

Maybe you could give us some advices.

Have a great time there.

Daniele

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
429 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treasure Cay to Nippers

We go to the Abacos EVERY year and have stayed in TC. If you are not afraid to rent a boat it's the absolute best way to see all the islands on your own. If not the ferry does/will take you to the islands. Please try to see other islands as well, not just Guana Cay. Hopetown and Man of War are must sees. You can rent a golfcart on all the little islands and run around for hours, eat lunch, take a picnic, etc. Feel free to contact me if you want to ask any questions. We LOVE the Abacos. Have fun

S. Casciano Vp
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treasure Cay to Nippers

Thank you for the informations and the advices. Yes, we were thinking to rent a boat and one day to rent one with a local guide to show us good places to fish. None of us is an expert fisherman but we would like to try the experience. Thanks again. Daniele

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
59 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treasure Cay to Nippers

To get there from Treasure Cay, you will need to take the $85+ tip cab ride (one way fare) to the ferry in Marsh Harbour, unless you are renting a car.

If you are an experienced boater, renting a boat is a beautiful way to see the Out Islands, but beware of sand bars and shallow water. Also the surf can get very rough. Also, a tip...Man O'War Cay is dry...no beer, wine, fancy rum drinks, nothing. But Green Turtle, Great Guana and Elbow Cays are all fabulous fun and very pretty. Great views of the ocean, very dramatic.

Edited: 8:03 am, November 10, 2011
6. Re: Treasure Cay to Nippers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 am, June 20, 2013