We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vigo di Fassa Life closed

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vigo di Fassa Life closed

I emailed the ski school in Vigo di Fassa regarding lessons for the 1 week of April. They confirmed the prices etc. I have booked hotel in Vigo but have sinced had an email from ski shcool advising that the ski lift closes on 31st March. Now I don't know if we should stay in Campitello instead. The lifts are open there.

Have never been to the dolimites and haven't skied in years. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to travel by bus to different ski areas. We have two children 9 & 11 who have never skied.

2 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vigo di Fassa Life closed

Have you booked this independantly or through UK Travel agent (Crystal, Nielson, Thomsonski etc)

Well firstly you have chosen the last week that the lifts will possibly be open - and that is not guaranteed. Snow conditions can not be guaranteed that time of year. That is why the whole area closes on the 7th April.

fassa.com/EN/…

That time of year you need a proper high altitude resort to be sure of decent conditions.

As the skiing in Canazei/Campitello is on a plateau at 2000m and there is fairly good snow conditions currently and if there is contued snow and doesn't warm up in March you may be ok with conditions but could get porridgey in the afternoon.

Skiing predominantly red runs though

There is a bus from Vigo to Campitello and Canazei

…pegasus.it/OrariDiLinea/OrariDiDirettrice-E…

…pegasus.it/OrariDiLinea/OrariDiDirettrice-E…

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vigo di Fassa Life closed

Thanks for your response. I booked it independently.

The main issue seems to be getting the kids in ski school that week as the ski schools can't guarantee that they will have enough people for group lessons. I guess we may book private lessons. But that's going to be expensive as we are different levels. It may turn into a walking holiday if there isn't enough snow!

Reply to: Vigo di Fassa Life closed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Campitello di Fassa
More Campitello di Fassa Topics