We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train for Pamplona and Zaragoza

cardiff
Level Contributor
130 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Train for Pamplona and Zaragoza

Have just booked into Hostal Remigio in Tudela with a view to taking the train to Pamplona for one day and Zaragoza the next, instead of the stress of driving in. Can anyone confirm that this makes sense ie. that you can board a train at Tudela. Remigio says it's 10 mins walking distance the the station but no reviews mention it. Also when I arrive in the cities is the town train station easy walk to the old centres?

Mentioned in this post
Hostal Remigio
Hostal Remigio
98 Reviews
Tudela, Spain
Pamplona
Pamplona
Navarra, Spain
Remigio
Remigio
499 Reviews
Tudela, Spain
Bardenas Reales de Navarra
Visitor Centers, Canyons, National Parks, State Parks, Valleys
Plaza de los Fueros
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Activa Experience
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
3 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train for Pamplona and Zaragoza

It's possible and not a bad idea, although it averages around 3 hours round trip between Pamplona and Tudela. Zaragoza is a quicker trip.

The train station in Pamplona is a long walk (uphill) to the old city, but the bus service is excellent and there is always a taxi (around €8).

It's a bit of a longer walk from the station in Zaragoza into th old quarter. Again, I'd use a taxi or take the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Pamplona
Pamplona
Navarra, Spain
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train for Pamplona and Zaragoza

The train and bus station in Tudela are together. To Zaragoza there are multiple type of trains from the ALVIA to Barcelona which is nonstop but more expensive On one end and the MD or local that stops often on its way and is much cheaper and very pleasant. For that you can walk up and buy tickets from the machine just before boarding. Pamplona is similiar. Both have regular bus services. Trust the people in Remigio. It is about four or five blocks from there to the station.

If you are in Tudela for Thursday night plan on wandering up to Plaza San Jaime and join all the people in the street passing from bar to bar. It is “pote” night and most bars have drink and tapa specials.

In Zaragoza be sure to visit the Roman ruin museum below La Plaza Pilar and the Roman Teatro.

The Iruña is probably the best restaurant in Tudela but while not fancy, Bar Rancho Grande has great food and Casa Lola is very good.

(Full disclosure: Tudela is my wife's home town and I love it).

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Pamplona
Pamplona
Navarra, Spain
Remigio
Remigio
499 Reviews
Tudela, Spain
Bar Rancho Grande
Bar Rancho Grande
71 Reviews
Tudela, Spain
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train for Pamplona and Zaragoza

Opps. I didn’t realize this was an old old one!

Reply to: Train for Pamplona and Zaragoza
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tudela