We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rothbury eating places

London
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Rothbury eating places

Hi

Please can anyone let me know what food is available in the evenings in Rothbury, Northumberland?

Are there Indian, Chinese, Italian restaurants etc and do any of the pubs serve food around 7-9pm weekdays? If so, are they any good? Any good real ales in town? Otherwise how far do I need to drive to get something decent? Also, is there a shop to put on the Lotto?!!

Thanks

John

London

Newcastle
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rothbury eating places

Hi there, we live in Newcastle & quite often head to the Anglers Arms at Weldon Bridge which is about 6 miles from Rothbury. The food is fantastic and they do an early evening meal offer 2 courses for £10. I'm not so sure about Rothbury itself for meals but there are some lovely pubs. There is a shop to put on the lotto.

Warkworth, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rothbury eating places

Hi, The Cook and Barker at Newton on the Moor which is just off the A1 a few miles north is a good Gastro-pub, but you'll probably need to book. Here's some great places to eat within a few miles of Rothbury that you might like to try - all recommended, the telephone number for The Cook and Barker can be found here too:

www.coquetcottages.co.uk/places-to-eat.htm

There are also some good bistro/italian type places in Morpeth, which is just a few short miles south of Rothbury. You could probably just drive then and choose one without booking I would have thought - they never seem fully booked whenever we've been to them. They're all in a relatively compact couple of streets.

Have a good time!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rothbury eating places

There is general pub or tea room food in the village and 1 Chinese take out/chip shop

Across the bridge there is Tavistock's, an Italian Restaurant. My sis has dined there a few times and really enjoyed the food.

Northumberland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Rothbury eating places

Hi, dont know if this is too late for your trip but there are a couple of pubs in Rothbury that do food. The Queens Head does great home made food 7 days a week, the beer is very good, nice friendly place. There are 2 places in Rothbury you can put on your lottery, its not at the end of the world...... there is also an italian restaurant.

5. Re: Rothbury eating places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rothbury