We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andalsnes to Bjorli railway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Andalsnes to Bjorli railway

Hi - we are visiting Andalsnes on 25th February on a cruise and I am wondering whether we could get tickets to do the rail return journey ourselves? I know that the station is close to the cruise port, and have looked at time tables, costs etc (which are a fraction of the cruise excursion to do same journey). I have two concerns - one is will we be able to get tickets on the day, or are they all allocated to the cruise ship ? I am reluctant to book online ahead as last year the cruise ship failed to go into Andalsnes due to weather. Second concern is whether there is a real risk that the return journey is cancelled (cruise ship literature hints that it could be in which case they return you by coach, but doing it alone we would be stranded). Thanks for any information.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andalsnes to Bjorli railway

Very easy to purchase tickets yourself.

Price is 127 NOK (each way, so 254 NOK) and can easily be bought on the day (even on the train if you don't have the time or the ticket office is closed).

This is a scheduled railway so if the train for som reason is cancelled everybody will be transported to their destination by bus and/or taxi.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andalsnes to Bjorli railway

Thank you!

3. Re: Andalsnes to Bjorli railway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 15, 2014